Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening, i just went to get a few things and its the first time i've ever shopped by myself, i consider it a small victory and a further up the ladder to success to get a taste of independency. I actually felt better shopping for myself than with another. I was alittle anxious, i don't like checkouts and i haven't used one in awhile, but i made it of course, with minimal anxiety and more self confidence to boot.
Thanks for reading :)

·
Yup.. it's me!
2,458 Posts
cool! Good job!.. What'd you buy me! :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David1976 said:
cool! Good job!.. What'd you buy me! :)
Thats a secret ;) :lol

Thanks for your replies. That accomplishment meant ALOT to me. :thanks

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Way to go, Wishful Thinking!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks milleniumman75 :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've had a lot of problems with shopping by myself and interacting with clerks in particular. It's nice to hear someone else out there is conquering that fear right now.

·
Registered
934 Posts
nice job there, now you can enjoy the ecstasy most girls feel when they go shopping...I'm a guy so I DON'T like shopping....

actually I do.......no I'm not gay........................why are you looking at me like that...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol @ inane, you can like shopping and not be gay, actually, i'm not much of a shopper either, does that mean i'm a lesbien? :con JK.
Thanks for your replies :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, i actually went OUT to shop...but i prefer online myself... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
nice work! I also find waiting at the checkouts to be nerve-racking, and I always have to watch myself when I start feeling like an idiot and thinking everyone is watching me because I have to go back and forth from aisle to aisle because I can't find something or I forgot something.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks goodgrief and AlaskaboyTroy, yeah..i guess it really was a HUGE victory for me :banana

1 - 17 of 17 Posts