Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today at the gym!

It was scary, but I went over there; it was much less crowded than the Nautilus/Hammerstrength part.

I had been afraid of looking like a dork because I have been away from free-weights for so long, but I have always thought bench presses and dumbbells are a much better and quicker way to tone arms--at least for me. I also love the old heavy-weight leg-press, too. I don't like sitting up and doing leg presses.

I'll relearn one exercise at a time.

star :banana

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice, before I knew what I was doing, I was constantly working out with just machines... But to get the best workout you need free weights.. I was also intimidated about going in there... But once you know what you are doing, you feel a lot more comfortable in there.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I learned weight lifting (back in the early 80's) on free weights and prefer them;l I had just been away from them for a long time. Now I have to relearn how to use them correctly to avoid injury.

Star

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man I hated squats with free weights. Only because I hated running, meaning I didn't run, meaning I became very exhausted from working legs. More than I should have.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He spoke to me as though I were normal... he treated me no differently from anyone else. He accepted me for what I am. And that, I have learned, is friendship.
Now that is cool, Forgotten! I like that! :agree

I can't do free weight squats because of my lower back and how easily it slips out of alignment.

Star

1 - 5 of 5 Posts