Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the city to see my friend's band play. I had to take the train, deal with a whole lot of wierd people at the concert, and people in the city.

It actually went pretty well. I don't feel like a made as much progress as I thought I would by doing it but I guess its a gradual process. I just might get to test that though as Im probably going to my friend's birthday party tomorrow. Things just might be taking a turn for the better. But with all the things that have let me down Ill believe it when it happens lol.

·
Registered
290 Posts
hey step by step is Key. Step by step.

With SAS we have avoidance habits, social discomfort habits. A lot of human behavior is habit. doing what's comfortable. So, doing something different, for one thing, creates discomfort because it's different, it's not the usual habit. So step by step is key. Over time you will become conditioned to be more comfortable with the new experience. Over time you can develop a new habit. Habits are comfortable. Change is uncomfortable, even if it's better! So some discomfort is normal, doing anything new.

Good for you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went into the city to see my friend's band play. I had to take the train, deal with a whole lot of wierd people at the concert, and people in the city.

It actually went pretty well. I don't feel like a made as much progress as I thought I would by doing it but I guess its a gradual process. I just might get to test that though as Im probably going to my friend's birthday party tomorrow. Things just might be taking a turn for the better. But with all the things that have let me down Ill believe it when it happens lol.
:):) Hi, you should not have such idea. i have not any idea to go out when free. i am alone in this city, so enjoy it .........

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Grats, that;s a great step in the right direction! Good luck with the party as well. I wouldn't wait until there is another event before visiting the city again either, make the effort to simply catch the train in, walk around a little maybe visit a few shops and come back again. It's those gradual steps which really help you to make the most progress.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.