Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Occasionally Bannned
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a proponent of WB augmentation (namely with klonopin) for SA over the years due to my excellent experience with it when I first tried it. It acted like a pseudo-cocaine for me and the side effects were very well tolerated. Although it didnt do much for the anxiety itself, it was a hell of a mood booster/motivator and even worked as a male enhancement (not the mention the extreme libido) and I dropped 20lbs to my ideal weight. While under patent however, 2x 150mg SR pills ran about $140 and I just couldnt afford it longterm or I would have remained on it. Both SR and XL lost patent protection a couple of years ago so I was always tempted to try it again. With changing from a few docs and varying degrees of financial instability, I was just never able to get back on it.

Over the course of those years, i still remained an advocate of it both here on these boards and for real life friends/aquaintances (including 2 relationships of which I could directly monitor its effects) and I start to notice a big portion of people report it doing jack shyte at best or just causing irritability/anxiety at worst. Im like what the hell? This shouldnt be happening. Maybe it works better for some than others but it should at least work slightly above crap for most people. I just wrote it off as a drug that worked extremely well for me and just another notch of failed drugs on the merry go round for everyone else that thought it sucked.

Just as recent as a few months ago, i recommended it to my current gf and told her of some of the things to expect, weight loss, increase libido, etc... including the posibility it wont do anything noticable at all. i was kindda hoping it would turn her into a rabbid sex demon.... Well, yep, as I figured, it didnt do anything either of us could tell after some 5 months of taking it. Again im like WTF? Why is this a recurring theme with almost everyone nowadays?

those still with me, onto the point of the entire post finally....
I actually decided not long after she started to get back on it myself after a failed Luvox trial. Well, here I am today at a generic dose 300mg XL.

Now it all makes sense now.

I finally get it.

After taking these generics for the last 2 months, I feel absolutely nothing-- notta damn thing. I felt the effects with the brand in the first few days. I figure the FDA has strict regulations regarding the formulation of generics but this is worst than smoking a blunt of parsley and oregano. I asked my NP about it and she that its definitely possible the generics may not work as well. Well lets try not a all... She did write me a "brand medically necessary" script but my insurance wont cover it and its even MORE expensive now at around $170. I guess thats life huh?

For any of you here that was let down by WB, I can promise it does work...... just the generics suck

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've been taking Wellbutrin XL (300mg, brand) for more than 2 months now, and I'm feeling like crap. There were an initial few weeks of brightened mood and motivation, but that all seems gone now. It does do a little bit for my SA though. Overall I'm not too pleased with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts