Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tortured Artist Cliche
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Zack, a young fella from Brizvegas. My brilliant plan for overcoming my troubles has yet to come to fruition. Not sure why I'm posting here, I'm not comfortable talking with guys about this stuff. Maybe it's better with girls but even with a girl, thoughts may creep into my mind, questioning her sincerity. I suppose I've just had enough planning so I'm just throwing caution to the wind and going to vent. I'm forgoing the masculine approach of trying to solve the problem for the feminine approach of looking for understanding it would seem.

I'm think going to post a story entitled "Evidently I'd rather starve" in the frustration section if you'd like to read a riveting little tale of silent anguish I recently experienced. Once again my desire to be flirtatious and funny at all times outside of a text-based medium goes unfulfilled. Sad, meet face.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome Zoom!!

The first step is always the hardest, but you did it. Sharing emotions isn't always the easiest thing to do, however it gets easier as time goes by.

I can relate to your questioning the sincerity of others when it comes to conversing. Sometimes it's hard to know, especially with all the insecurities that come with SA, if people really care; but you have found a place where not only do we care, we understand.

The reason we can't solve the problem, is that we don't have all the right tools to formulate a winning game plan, and succeed. We might have limited success for a moment, but in the long term, we end up right where we were, and ten times worse. It's important to be able to see into the future, when it comes to figuring it all out, but for now, it's better to focus on the short term and what's going on right now.

You have taken a huge leap of faith, and I know that, in and of itself, is a major step. We are here for you, and until your wariness dissipates, take one small step at a time...we get it.

Stay the course and keep going forward...{{{hugs}}}

·
Tortured Artist Cliche
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My tricorder is detecting elevated levels of support and acceptance in the surrounding area. It appears to be emanating from the indigenous life forms. Although there is a degree of timidity present they appear to be willing to accept me into there family group without hesitation. Recommending further study.

Thanks for the support. :)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Welcome, Zoom :)

I enjoyed reading your post, thus far... not that it matters =P

Good luck in overcoming your troubles.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Zoom! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts