Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!! ;)
My name is Barack (yup, just like Obama!) and I'm from Israel (no politics please :D). I'm 20 (21 next month) and I'm serving at the army at the moment.

My life story is pretty unique. I've had zero social skills and now I'm at the point of recovery. I've made a HUGEEEE progress in life and improved my social skills to the point where I can start a conversation with many types of people, and I'm willing to help anyone who need my help.
I still have a lot of social problems, don't get me wrong. I will explain everything later in a different topic, along with tips.

Anyway, hello everybody! :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, BarakLevy20! :)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hiya and welcome. I'm really glad you're recovering from your social anxiety. :)

I'm curious if it helped that you had to go into the army? I don't mean the military side of it, but simply being forced to talk to other people. Do you feel that things got better after you started your service?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi! Palestinian here! So nice to meet you! :)
Wow what a small world!
I would really like to hear the life story of a Palestinian. Im serving near Hebron, so I see many Palestinians on a daily basis. Thing is, the media shows all the bad and violent things you're doing, and I'm sure your side do the same. Please PM me, I would love to keep on touch and see how you're going through with your life at Palestine. :)

Well, going to the army did help me. It forces you to work with people, and you have to get along with them, because you're gonna spend three years with them. They become your second family. You actually see them much more than your own family, during that three years period. You eat with them, you sleep with them, you even take showers with them!
I'd learnt a lot about how society works and what it takes to get other people's attention and how to make them like you. I've also got a lot of time reading books about it, so I'm implementing everything the books say, and it feels wonderful.

·
Registered
580 Posts
In our fight against social anxiety.. There is no Arab israeli conflict! Egyptian / Swedish here .

Welcome my man and good to hear that you are doing better !

·
I don't do Facebook.
382 Posts
Welcome to SAS bro!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Barack, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Well, going to the army did help me. It forces you to work with people, and you have to get along with them, because you're gonna spend three years with them. They become your second family. You actually see them much more than your own family, during that three years period. You eat with them, you sleep with them, you even take showers with them!
I'd learnt a lot about how society works and what it takes to get other people's attention and how to make them like you. I've also got a lot of time reading books about it, so I'm implementing everything the books say, and it feels wonderful.
Thanks for answering. :) I thought that might be the case. It makes me wonder whether it would be a good idea for everyone to have compulsory national service of some sort, when they're young. But I don't mean that everybody should be made to join the army. Maybe it could be some kind of community work, but forcing young people to do something where they have to learn to get along with all sorts of people could do a lot of good. Particularly if it was an activity that made you feel useful to society, like you were contributing something.

I'm saying this, but it would absolutely terrify me! I just think it could have done me a lot of good. Anyway, welcome again!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts