Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, everyone. As you can see, I'm new to these forums. I want to join this community to share my views and vent my frustrations as a generally anxious human being. I've essentially had anxiety problems all my life. It appeared to start in my childhood as shyness and the inability to start conversations, now it appears to be pure anxiety; in fact, it may as well always have been. I barely talked to anyone during my school days and I still don't talk that much; aside from my family and the few friends I have. Even then, I feel anxious around them a lot of times too. Around those I don't befriend or even know, I'm even more anxious.

During my school days I just seemed to be one of those shy people. During my junior year of high school I started to change from the shy person I (along with everyone else) made myself out to be and I wanted to be my natural self; unfortunately, my anxiety has always prevented that. Over my junior year I let all my anger and frustrations out on the people; I didn't talk to anyone that year and I was quite angry with life in general. My junior year was the most anxious, depressed year of my life; I think the main reason I was so angry at everyone in plain sight was due to the fact that throughout my school years I was always treated like crap by everyone due to my general shyness and oddities that my anxiety caused. After that year I managed to cope better with people through realizations and hiding my anxiety.

Nowadays it's just general panic attacks and oddities day-in and day-out from myself due to the type of anxiety I have. People try to understand me as a deep-voiced, anxious person, but they'll never understand and if I tell them what I have and they believe me, they still won't understand due to the fact that I have a deep voice; human nature will kick them in the rear-end and they'll think, "how can someone with a deep voice that can control their own behavior act like this", when the fact of the matter being you can't control anxiety, it controls you. The more they watch me and try to understand, it seems the more anxious I get. It's a never-ending cycle, I'll tell you that much.

As for what causes my anxiety to increase; it seems nearly everything. Primarily when I feel like I'm being judged, when I feel like I can try to explain what I go through, when I feel like I'm being a jerk to someone. Just about everything that involves human nature. I'm never able to cope well with people due to this anxious feeling I get.

·
Banned
648 Posts
yo hello CoryR welcome to the sas forum. many of us all feel the same, most here all have anxiety that like you said stop them from being themselves and achieving what they could've. Here you'll find some support and the thought that all these people feel this way is sort of encouraging.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dude for the welcome and information.

Yes, to know there's others that feel the same way as you do a lot of times is most certainly, encouraging.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was very sentimental, joinmartin; thanks.

Kudos goes to you for being able to accomplish all that.

I feel the need for an apology for not talking much or expressing myself, because I do feel like I'm stuck-up at times, when I know I'm not. I just get anxious and feel awkward in social situations. So, in the truth of things, it is who I am.

Again, thanks. That was positive thinking, surely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts