Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sure everybody stands up too fast every once in a while and gets that "light headed" feeling, especially when you've been sitting for a while. And it seems like when you don't eat, your blood-sugar levels decrease and this happens much more frequently/severely. Well lately, rather than sitting back down when this happens, I've been trying to focus my thoughts and stay standing. What I've noticed is that after my vision reaches the peak of it's blackness (aka when I come closest to passing out) and starts to come back, I feel some fairly intense euphoria for a moment, maybe 3 or 4 seconds, and then a very strange feeling of mental clarity that seems to last even shorter and then dissapears.

Now, I guess the euphoria could be a result of a lack of oxygen to the brain (possibly?), but I'm completely baffled as to why I would feel mentally clear after nearly passing out from being light headed. It's like a fog was lifted from my brain for a split second before returning.

Has anybody experienced anything similar? Or have any explanation?

·
Banned
246 Posts
lol its the blood,when us tand repidly u will feel light headed for like 4 secs,its nothing serious but if u want to eliminate that just stop using elevators and cars,and start walking

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
That used to happen to me a lot. I never knew what it was but it was kind of freaky. Sometimes when my vision went completely black I would pretty much faint and fall to the ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts