Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I actually look forward to weekdays when I have classes. And actually socialize with people, whether it's roommates or people from my classes.

Of my 5 roommates and myself, 2 of them go home nearly every weekend, 1 is either in his room or out so I don't even bother with him, 1 is in his room constantly and rarely comes out, and the other one is the super social one.

I'm all for the whole drinking and partying on the weekends, but I'm just uncomfortable doing the whole "cold approach" to a different group of people and it feels like it's nearly impossible to get the social guy to introduce me to people.

It's just difficult...I don't know. I feel like I'm one of those approachable people, but am I giving off an opposite vibe?

Who knows....just kind of feeling down this weekend.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually going to ask him later today, until he told me that he was going home today.

·
nascentes morimur
587 Posts
I feel like that every single weekend. Just last night I could've went to a pub night at my University and possible had an amazing time. I chose not to go and went home when they were leaving for the pub. I felt horrible all day, and today remnants of that still exist. Why am I so scared of people(women mostly)?? Oh well nothing to do now but mourn for lost days

·
Registered
57 Posts
I look forward to the weekend, but then once it's here I have nothing to do, then Monday comes and my social life goes nowhere, so I get tired and start looking forward to the weekend and.........at least I can sleep in though.

559 Posts
Weekends are not usually a time I look forward to:

a) Because I have work, which suck ***, albeit I'm still thankful I have a job, but it's way too stressful

b)Because as OP stated, I usually don't get any invites to go anywhere or do anything with ANYONE; my life revolves around solo activities at home, and it sucks especially on weekends because I know plenty of young people around my age are out having a good time, and I can't :roll

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.