Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I smoked weed for the first time today and **** me I actually felt free and didn't give a **** about anything.

Basically some guy I know from work smokes it and he said we'd have to go for a joint after work was over, I was a bit wary at first because I've never really smoked weed before. Anyway I said **** it, I was feeling **** and work stresses me out so I said 'yeah I'll come and blaze with you for a bit.'

I took 3 or 4 tokes on it and it was some really strong stuff. About 10 minutes later it kicked in and it was such a good feeling to be anxiety free for a change, I felt on top of the ****ing world, it must of been really strong as I felt really light headed and I was so relaxed and care free. I was even having double vision at one point, im not sure if thats normal?

I'm thinking of doing it more often to be honest as it kills off all my nerves and anxiety. Does anybody else here blaze?

Can you relate to what im saying?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have too agree. For the longest time i was against weed. Then instead of being judgmental on something I knew nothing about, I tried it at 25. For the first time in my life, I felt free from my thoughts....or more aware of how my thoughts and actions are really one. What I mean is, I never knew how much I act out my anger and not talk about it in a healthy. So I was able to look at things in a different way and this open my mind. So after smoking for about a year or so now, I have been able to see my actions in a new light and realize that I need to step up and own my actions and thoughts. Stop blaming others for my unhappiness. My unhappiness is because I am making it that way.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
That's great that it worked so well for you. I find that it makes me less anxious if I use it alone, but if I'm with others I continue to feel anxiety - just now with the added effect of being stupider.

·
⚰️👻
3,534 Posts
I smoke, but it has pretty much the opposite effect for me. :b There are definitely some times were it's a bit more relaxed, the experience is never exactly the same for me, but usually I feel like I'm on the verge of a heart attack. I know it must seem weird to keep smoking if it sometimes increases anxiety for me, but the pros outweigh the cons. It's so much easier to enjoy everything after smoking, I gain a much more pleasant perspective on everything, and I am able to express my feelings more easily.

I've never had the double vision that you've mentioned, but the stuff I smoke is of a lower quality, so I'm sure there are quite a few things I haven't experienced for that reason.

If it's helping, then that's great and I say keep trying it. When I first started I think I relied on it a bit too much to remain somewhat happy, but I've gotten a lot better about that. For me, it's better in moderation. But, anyway, glad it was a pleasant experience for you! :)

·
Spaced
224 Posts
That's great that it worked so well for you. I find that it makes me less anxious if I use it alone, but if I'm with others I continue to feel anxiety - just now with the added effect of being stupider.
Yeah I have a harder time talking and coming up with stuff to say when I'm high. That's why I only smoke by myself or my closest friends.

But yeah dude I'm all for it. It actually helps me write, draw, and do just about anything creative, better. Seriously, you know how Pop-eye eats spinach to become a beast? That's what weed basically does for me, except my muscles don't bounce around and transform into really heavy objects. But It's still a great thing. To bad its illegal most places...

·
castor sacs
7,092 Posts
I've only smoked once, and I didn't feel any effect (which is understandable considering how intolerance works with cannabis), but I have read extensively about the drug and I can agree that it makes some users less anxious. I also read that it can oppositely exacerbate anxiety, increase paranoia, and even induce a panic attack. I am looking to try smoking it again soon, once I find someone who has some to share, but I would not like to make it a habit. Drug dependency is something I am very cautious about, and I would like to live with as few extra chemicals in my body as possible.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It made me proper chatty

it was so strong though that the people who were walking past were looking over at us as if they wanted some. I don't know where he got it from but f**k me it was really strong like I said, I only took a few puffs as well.

I smoke, but it has pretty much the opposite effect for me. :b There are definitely some times were it's a bit more relaxed, the experience is never exactly the same for me, but usually I feel like I'm on the verge of a heart attack. I know it must seem weird to keep smoking if it sometimes increases anxiety for me, but the pros outweigh the cons. It's so much easier to enjoy everything after smoking, I gain a much more pleasant perspective on everything, and I am able to express my feelings more easily.

I've never had the double vision that you've mentioned, but the stuff I smoke is of a lower quality, so I'm sure there are quite a few things I haven't experienced for that reason.

If it's helping, then that's great and I say keep trying it. When I first started I think I relied on it a bit too much to remain somewhat happy, but I've gotten a lot better about that. For me, it's better in moderation. But, anyway, glad it was a pleasant experience for you! :)
Im gonna see him next week and see if he can get me some. Its weird how it makes some people more anxious though, depends what kind you're smoking.

Its funny though because the guy I was smoking it with said after a full joint its a sick experience. He was telling me he smoked 2 joints the other week and felt like he was floating above himself for a near enough a full day lol.

About the double vision, he said he gets it too because of how high grade it is. I was telling him and he was having the same experience as me. It was well weird at first though and I did panic a little because its freaky when you see two of the same person walking towards you. Im not as high as I was earlier but I still am a little bit.

I might of finally found a cure for my social anxiety.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
One thing I will say as a positive about getting high in social situations, is that it's much better than being drunk in social situations. When I'm high my brain is slow and I feel way more withdrawn - but I'm still *me*, I never feel out of control when I'm high like I do when I'm drunk. If I get too high, meh, who cares, if I get too drunk, things get really scary.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This might sound weird but it was my plan to make a video earlier on today but I was too nervous now I don't feel nervous at all about it.

Might go and make a video log now tbh. Might be pointless though.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One thing I will say as a positive about getting high in social situations, is that it's much better than being drunk in social situations. When I'm high my brain is slow and I feel way more withdrawn - but I'm still *me*, I never feel out of control when I'm high like I do when I'm drunk. If I get too high, meh, who cares, if I get too drunk, things get really scary.
I kind of like being drunk but I don't at the same time

Last time I was drunk I was getting a bit agitated with people.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
It doesn't alleviate my anxiety, but it puts me in a very euphoric and dream-like state.

It's a great drug when you have lots of free time and nothing to do; you can just blaze up and spend the whole day listening to music and dreaming about random things. I love weed because it calms me down and it allows me to temporarily revert back to the state of innocence and happiness that I crave so dearly (albeit only being due to the effects, of course).

When I get high, it is almost as if the world around me has a liveliness about it that isn't there when I'm sober. It turns a boring, dreary day into an adventure. The last time I felt that way (before I was started smoking) was when I was 10 years old.

And let's face it; it is an EXCELLENT way to make friends.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I smoked weed for the first time today and **** me I actually felt free and didn't give a **** about anything.

Basically some guy I know from work smokes it and he said we'd have to go for a joint after work was over, I was a bit wary at first because I've never really smoked weed before. Anyway I said **** it, I was feeling **** and work stresses me out so I said 'yeah I'll come and blaze with you for a bit.'

I took 3 or 4 tokes on it and it was some really strong stuff. About 10 minutes later it kicked in and it was such a good feeling to be anxiety free for a change, I felt on top of the ****ing world, it must of been really strong as I felt really light headed and I was so relaxed and care free. I was even having double vision at one point, im not sure if thats normal?

I'm thinking of doing it more often to be honest as it kills off all my nerves and anxiety. Does anybody else here blaze?

Can you relate to what im saying?
Then you could start depending on weed and your brain won't know how to feel anxiety-free on its own without the stimulation.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Then you could start depending on weed and your brain won't know how to feel anxiety-free on its own without the stimulation.
If you have an addictive personality, this is a definite possibility. Try not to think of weed as something "you can't live without", because that is how you grow dependent on it, which eventually turns into addiction.

·
Anxiously Sad
109 Posts
The magic of the first few months ALWAYS disappears and then you spend however long trying to chase it down again. Consuming more and more as your tolerance builds. But yeah, I love it. And I'm psychologically addicted to it because it's the only time I feel happy. Be careful.

Physically speaking, caffeine is harder to give up than weed in my experience!

The same can be said for prescription drugs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you have an addictive personality, this is a definite possibility. Try not to think of weed as something "you can't live without", because that is how you grow dependent on it, which eventually turns into addiction.
Yes what I meant is that I do have an addictive personality so I don't think something like that would ever work for me

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It probably will become addictive but I need it. Im at my wits end, I cant cope with life at all, its so **** and if its gonna be beneficial to me and rid my anxiety then i'll do it everyday, its not like i've got nothing to lose really.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Did you ever try actual anxiety medication or was going illegal your first try?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.