Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not getting married BUT....

If I was to get married I would only have about 8 people at the wedding...and thats because they are family.

Im sure my spouse would have alot of people maybe like 30 friends ( high school friends, work friends, college friends) , while I have just few family members...Would this be embarrassing?

Weddings I have gone to have had alot of people there...mine would be a joke.

·
Registered
527 Posts

If I was to get married I would only have about 8 people at the wedding...and thats because they are family.

Im sure my spouse would have alot of people maybe like 30 friends ( high school friends, work friends, college friends) , while I have just few family members...Would this be embarrassing?
I don't see why. They could just fill up your family's side of the venue with people from your outgoing, extrovert bride's side. :)

Not all weddings have a lot of people there. A wedding is really only about the two people getting married. Everyone else is really just window dressing.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
I know the feeling. I think the same way about my funeral. If I was going to get married, I'd probably just go to Vegas and do one of those cheap quick weddings where nobody's there except two drunk fools. It's not only embarrassing but it's really sad and it would make me feel like crap because I have no friends. And then there's the funeral which is something I can't really control. I know what I want as far as funeral plans but I know that there will only be family there.

·
SAS Member
939 Posts
I often wonder how many people will show up to my funeral. I doubt it will be a whole lot.
Same with weddings - I think small ones are fine. Nothing wrong with that. :)

·
Banned
768 Posts

I have thought about this A LOT myself. I actually have a strong sense of precipatory anxiety about this subject, yet I don't even have a girlfriend. lol

My biggest fears about this are 1) not having a best man and 2) having to dance and 3) having all eyes on me and her all night (even when we kiss).

I'd def hoping for a small wedding, someplace special like on a beach or in another country.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If/when I marry it will be very small, only close family and friends. The idea of a big wedding is just a no no to me.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
When I get married....or should i say If lol need a fiance first :p I think it would be family members only...not coz i wouldn't want friends there...lol its coz i don't have any friends to invite. And if i have a job around the time i get married, i dunno if i would invite my collegues...depends what they are like with me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm getting married next June, and I've been nervous about this as well. I have 2 (maybe 3) friends from college I'm inviting, and the rest are family. I hate the idea of asking people to come (I always think they'll feel we weren't good enough friends and I'm desperate, etc), and the two I'm inviting already told me they were looking forward to it before I asked :p

My fiance has an enormous family (he's one of eight kids), and about 10 friends he's inviting (20 total with guests). With everyone (assuming a few can't make it) it's going to be around 80-100. I always assumed I'd have a very small wedding, but my fiance was excited about having his whole family together, so we compromised on around 100 people.

We're each just having a sibling stand with us as our "wedding party", and the whole thing is going to be quite informal. To me, the wedding is mostly about the guests anyway, and I don't see how my not having a slew of 20-something girlfriends to invite will spoil the mood all that much. At least that's what I'm telling myself right now :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts