Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago, I attended my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. I saw relatives I hadn't seen in over twenty years (I didn't remember them back then). I was so outgoing; it was fantastic. I talked to a great aunt who is married to my grandmother's brother. She remembered so much stuff about everybody growing up. It nearly had me in tears because it made me think of my grandmother (who I was really close to, and had passed away in 2002). It was nice to get to know new cousins, and ones I don't remember seeing.

At the end, I wanted to get a picture of the relative as we left. We ended up taking a group picture that had over 20 people in it! I always thought that my mom's side of the family was small. Now, I don't think so anymore!

I would consider this a triumph because it means building relationships! We got contact information and hopefully a reunion coming up in a year or so.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Cool.

You've been going to lots of weddings/anniverseries...(hey one is alot to me).

I'm glad you are doing so well.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Good for you! I skipped a family reunion yesterday.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Great! You seem to be doing really well lately. Glad to hear it.

I know talking even to relatives i see every year is difficult for me. So i would definitely consider this a triumph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts