Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Afraid to talk
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am having a problem with an overbearing parent. My father is an honest man with good morals but the thing is he is very old fashioned and that part of him is ruining my life and he is practically forcing me to live a life I don't want to live. I am very different. I don't want to get married or have any kids really. I want to have a lot of men in my life and have fun with them. I know this sounds bad but it's the life I want and it makes me happy. I am 23 years old and I am sure of myself by now. My father is never happy with any guy I would like to bring home (even a friend). He thinks I am this important person but I am not. I am just a young normal adult with social anxiety. He thinks I deserve to have a rich man. I hate rich men; I want a poor men. I know this sounds bad but I am trying to be me. Can someone help me? I am so confused right now and sorry I am ranting but this is how I feel. I am so embarrassed.​

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
Solution: get a job and move out..... You shouldn't be bringing dudes home to bang to your parents house in the first place unless your in like highschool and have no other choice.

·
Banned
9,928 Posts
Distance yourself from judgmental overbearing people. If moving out isn't enough then move far away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts