Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I get my water free from the faucet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many are into this bottled water mania?

I imagine that if some board member of Pepsi or Coca-Cola had brought up the idea of selling water in bottle at a board meeting back in 1960 he would have been laughed out of the room, but today the idea is not only accepted, but it's the norm.

What do you think of it?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wituckius said:
I'm too cheap to buy water.
Same here. It strike me as silly as buying air, which is actually done from what I've seen on TV. They have these trendy oxygen bars where you sit and sniff pure oxygen just like a patient with severe lung problems.

I don't understand the point of paying big money for something that can be had for almost nothing from any sink. This is a subject that could be used as a dissertation for a PhD in economics.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hmm, I think it depends on your water supply.........I have a well.............I don't care for the water at all, and it's ran through a softener........Not purifier, but, I don't own the place........ It's terrible.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Water is not free where I live. We are now charged by two entities based on usage: the water company and the sewer department.

I usually use a water filter. Our water's not dangerous, but I could do without so much chlorine and other impurities which affects taste and perhaps health.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
A lot of bottled water comes straight out of the tap.

When I lived in Seattle, there was a company selling a brand of bottled water called "Alaskan Spring" (or something like that) and they were actually getting the water from the tap in Kent, Washington and dumping it directly into the bottle.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I drink bottled water. The water around here were I live tastes like heavy chlorine due to some sewage that got into our water. Because of that I would just rather spend a buck on a 5 gallon deal of water.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Water is quite funny to me. Coors Beer talks about how they use water from some rocky mountain stream. Wow, I'm impressed.

Miller fails to tell how they use the same Milwaukee water in their Beer that I flush my toilet with.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
I bought bottled water before, because I heard so much about how it was supposed to be better for you and taste better. Maybe I'm just loving the chemicals and pollution but I thought it tasted horrible.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I drink straight from the tap. I live on a farm so we have our own well. All it costs is the electricity to run the pump. Our water is pure and free of any unnatural tastes like chlorine. Sometimes I will run the faucet for a minute or so before I get a drink because it can taste a little off if its been sitting in the copper pipes all day but other than that water has no taste so I don't understand all the hype over spring water. The only water I have ever actually paid for is distilled water. I use that for the cooling systems on my vehicles since tap water tends to cause scale and mineral deposits in the radiator.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
I really don't like the taste of the tap water in my house so I usually drink the cheap bottled kind...although I find a lot of bottled water like Aquafina and Dasani tastes disgusting.

Yesterday my mum told me that people are getting more cavaties becuase most of us drink bottled instead of tap and there's isn't any flouride in bottled water.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'd only start buying bottled water if the tap water was really horrible for some reason. (There are places where that is the case, but not where I live).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts