·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. He was really into that dream. I became alarmed after he hit the wall. lol.
I did too. And your compassion shows forth ;)

·
Banned
112 Posts
my dog does that, although not to that extent. i believe they are running through a huge field and loving it. being free as a bird.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
:lol I saw that on Digg the other day. I didn't know until recently that dogs dream. Now I wonder if all animals dream, what about insects?

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my dog does that, although not to that extent. i believe they are running through a huge field and loving it. being free as a bird.
He could have been loving it. But I think that dog was running FROM something :lol. It was like he was trying to bite whatever was on his back lol.

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
That was quite sad actually. He was in a dream, enjoying himself, then BOOM, slammed back to the crushing **** of reality. I can relate, though I usually don't bang my head.
i did once. nearly knocked myself out... LOL!! :p

i miss having a dog now, they are so lovable!!

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
I read some of the comments and it said that the dog was having seizures and I checked other vids of other dogs to confirm and it was.

It wasn't sleepwalking.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
One of the news channels showed the vid to a vet and he said that if the dog was only doing this while he was sleeping then it's probably not seizures.

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
Well, it was only a single vet's opinion and the diagnosis could be flawed. But I'm not trying to sound like I know what is going on, I mean, it's just a thought.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I watched it several times and it still cracks me up, the dog is definitely not having a seizure, it looks completely different, the convulsions are jerky and often the animal defecates and drools during a seizure.

My dog is a vivid dreamer, but more like this guy below, making same noises and twitches, not to mention snoring..

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
But you got to remember, like any illnesses, there are many types and seizures/epilepsy are one of them. There is also an indication that an animal touching it's tail, 'walking on air' could also be a sign of a seizure/epilepsy and the there is also another vid of this that is shown and one of the screen captured the dog looking 'lost' after waking up.

Seriously, there is something amiss when I watch it, that's why I decided to look up more on it.

I do enjoy my fair share of funny animal videos, but this vid just really can't register.

I'm sorry if I sounded like a wet blanket. But it just doesn't seem funny and perhaps, even normal about it.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I read some of the comments and it said that the dog was having seizures and I checked other vids of other dogs to confirm and it was.

It wasn't sleepwalking.
Please post these seizures from these other vids.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts