Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So a friend from work asked me to go to her prom as friends... I found out the prom is in like 2 weeks. I really just figured she needed someone to go with, so I'm a nice guy, so I said yes, but a part of me wonders if she might have been desperate... Maybe she likes me, maybe she doesn't. She might have been desperate... I actually kinda like her and we are good friends at work, but what do yall think? It's not like I can back out or anything... I'm not going to.. that would be rude...lol

· Registered
374 Posts
is being "desperate" a bad thing?

maybe she just really wanted to go, and you were the first person to she asked who said yes; I don't see anythign wrong with being desperate like this; its hard to find a date sometimes, and she choose you..go have fun!!

· Registered
258 Posts
Don't trick yourself into thinking the worse!

You said she likes you and you sort of like her it is a good thing. You got a date to the prom, don't play down your accomplishment.

· Après moi, le déluge
5,700 Posts
I kind of did this. I didn't date anyone in high school, but I wanted to go to prom, so I asked one of my guy friends... Actually, I asked a (female) friend of ours if he was going with anyone, she said that he wasn't. But before I could call him, she called him and told him to ask me.

In any case, I don't see it as a bad thing. She wants to go to prom and thinks you're a suitable candidate to take her. She wouldn't have asked you if she thought you were a loser or undesirable.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

· Registered
290 Posts
why do you assume she's desperate, maybe she does like you, two weeks is still plenty of time to find a date. hmm but you say she said it's just as friends, well you should go and see how it goes maybe after the prom you guys will get closer.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Idk, why I over analyze things...Even if she was desperate, I said yes... it's not like I'm gonna back out... Idk why I read so much into things, lol

It's a really bad habit, and I'm trying to break it and learn to always think positive... any advice?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.