Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see it on Friday. I haven't read the original novel but I hope there was more too it then from what I've seen of the movie adaptation. The film was nice for sfx and action but otherwise it didn't have much of a storyline. :con

Has anyone else seen it? What do you think?

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stargazer said:
Seriously, i wanted to see more aliens blowing @#%$ up. I love aliens, they are such lovable creatures... :love
Seems they all came from Europe. :haha

·
Registered
328 Posts
I liked it I thought it was amazing, the aliens looked like the ones from Indepence Day though... and the storyline was there... Aliens come and the whole world freaks out, thats about what I expected.

I thought the ending was...ironic to say the least

·
Registered
815 Posts
Basically that movie was an excuse to show me somethings disturbing imagines of aliens and humans beating on eat other. The end was so abrupt that I didn't have a clue what had happened. The part where all the people were trying to get the car was especially freaky. I kept thinking to myself, "You idiots ... in your efforts to get into the car you're destroying the only thing that could possibly save you!" It was a great example of what happens when people panic and don't think.

My question is, why did he stop running after he got to the second place where the plane crashed? That looked pretty safe to me.

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Squizzy said:
My question is, why did he stop running after he got to the second place where the plane crashed? That looked pretty safe to me.
I think because he wasn't only trying to get away from the aliens but also to get to Boston. I could be wrong though. :stu

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
I'm supposed to go see it tomorrow with some friends. Someone thought it was too intense. Maybe so, but I will decide that when I go see it.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
ghostgurl said:
I thought it was awesome, and pretty scary too.
:agree Definitely a good movie.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I thought the movie was good but I didn't really like the ending. I also thought that a lot of the people in the movie were fools. I mean c'mon. If you see a big alien ship thing, are you going to stand there and take pictures or are you going to run. And if the ground starts to open up with things coming out of it, are you gonna run back a few feet and then keep looking.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I haven't seen it, cause I'm getting tired of the "Aliens attacks Earth for no good reason, we win because the Americans had a good idea." thing. I would like to see movie where we attack the aliens.

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nomad said:
I haven't seen it, cause I'm getting tired of the "Aliens attacks Earth for no good reason, we win because the Americans had a good idea." thing. I would like to see movie where we attack the aliens.
Now that'd be interesting. :) People tend to be nothing more than insects in these types of movies.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Nomad said:
Actually (not to give too much away) American ideas really have nothing to do with the defeat of the aliens in this particular movie.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i loved war of the worlds. its the best movie ive seen this year. it is very tom cruise heavy which is good. he is the star :)

*SPOILERS!!*

my favorite part is when hes going frantic and tries to make his kids peanut butter sandwiches only to throw the sandwiches against the window because his kids aren't hungry :lol

it was also chilling how he went into that room and killed that man while his daughter was listening. :um

·
Registered
934 Posts
I thought it was really good, true there wasn't much of a plot, but I think the atmosphere was very well done, I felt tense the whole time...maybe because I haven't seen the original one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Saw this yesterday. It was enjoyable. There were some holes, but there usually are in movies. I totally agree about how ridiculous it was with the people just sitting there staring when the ground opened up. Uh hello - run you fools. The ending is the original ending according to my husband. The scene in the basement with Tim Robbins was a little drawn out. Overall, worth seeing, but it's not a genius movie or anything.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts