Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

My name is mike. I found this site a couple days ago and look forward to communicating with people with SA. I had a rough childhood growing up, i didnt have my biological father either, and my step dad is an insensitive ***hole. My step dad has been around his i was 7, but we have always never seen eye to eye. Im the type of guy who belongs in this SA forum while he belongs in a anger management forum(put it that way). Nothing i do is good enough for him. I clean the house and do what i can and it goes unappreciated. I live with him and my mom right now(hoping to move once work picks up as i am an electrician) and i am always in my room because i dont feel comfortable around him. He has always been one to critique me, call me names, and degrade what i do. I dont want to blame my issues on him, but growing up watching him do drugs, yelling at my mom, leaving to do/sell drugs has left emotional scars. Growing up i carried this emotional wall and i only let a select few in. The only two friends i have are now gone. My best friend just moved far away from me, and my other best friend just went to jail and wont be out til 2016. I now have no friends, i dont feel comfortable at home, and im here for support and to give my support. I thank you guys for making this site. You guys are all wonderful people and i appreciate this open forum.

·
Registered
159 Posts
you have to remember the people who need to appear aggressive and mean or have temperment issues and often themselves have deep rooted psychological issues stemming from their childhood you two have more in common then you might imagine if you both sat down for a while and he put aside his adamant nature

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there

Sounds like you need to have a sit down and gradually chat with your step dad or tell him to **** off to gain some closure or you might end up with deep resentment for quite a while. I'm not suggesting to go pick a fight but I'm not sure anything would come easy if your father is as bad tempered as you say. I'd say keep your head up since a lot of things in this world that you do for others will go unappreciated. Sooner or later your bound to bump into someone that notices the little things you do and appreciate you for it. But until then you gotta keep moving on, I hope you find what you need here

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, FallingAway! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Mike, welcome to :sas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts