Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the thing is im afraid to go cuz of my SA and usually tattoos take a long time which means ill have to conversationalize for possibly an hour or two with a complete stranger. The thought of it alone is whats kept me from going ahead with it. Any advice anyone? Anyones who gotten tattoos before? What is it like?

·
Laughing Stock
1,532 Posts
as long as you're not getting a tribal tattoo or your girlfriend's name on your body you're good to go, stop worrying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just got a tattoo not too long ago. i say, go for it! :) You wouldnt even mind having people around cuz ur "enjoying" that you are getting inked! :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Its not as uncomfortable as you think. Most tattoo artists are very friendly and fun, they're used to dealing with nervous people, so most have learned how to calm people down. And once the tattoo process starts you wont be thinking about being social, you will be focusing on the feeling. It doesnt hurt really but its such a unique feeling, your mind will be completely absorbed.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice guys! :) i guess ill just bring a friend along so its not so weird

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
Its funny, Im usually too shy to make appointments but not when it came to getting a tattoo. I wanted one so bad I just didnt care lol. I guess I got kinda lucky because the guy that did mine was really shy as well. We didnt really say a word, but mines not very big so it only took like 20 minutes. Sorry I dont really have any advice.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
My tattoist had his apprentice and an some other guy with him so i didn't feel pressured to make conversation. The second time and third time was easier as i had gotten to know him better and felt more relaxed. On the whole i think he prefered to concentrate on his work.

The hardest thing about being tattooed espceially after the first time was feeling that everyone was staring at me , which is why i got them done on my upper arms where i can hide them.

·
Registered
533 Posts
For the longest time I've been wanting to get a Maori design tattoo or something. IDK I keep thinking like I'm gonna look like a complete idiot after i get it. Also I've been feeling like I need other changes in my life like a new hairstyle, ear piercing maybe even a name change...lol well I guess none of that matters as long as I can't change my boring personality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for years, but never have. I just recently started thinking more about it. The main reason I haven't gotten my tattoo is money and I guess a little unsure about the pain.

I think if you are worried about sitting there for an hour or so than maybe just start out with something small or go in to different shops and find one that you feel comfortable with and like the people working there. If you find someone to do that you feel comfortable with and like than you shouldn't have a problem sitting there talking to them, right??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts