Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to my pdoc today.He'll probably be okay with the lexapro.I don't know how thats gonna work w/my wellbutrin but on the phone he shot down adderall.He went on about add and adhd and how it manifests itself in childhood and how I don't have the classic symptoms blah blah blah .I told him of my extreme lack of energy and he told me to cut back on the coffee.So now I drink even more.How can I possibly convince him to give me a script.What is the lowest therapeutic dose of Adderall (5-10mg)?Is there another stimulant I might have a chance in getting that is generic?Also I'm interested in Selegiline.I've read from many that it is effective in low doses 5-10mg? w/o dietary restrictions and is actually considered a neuro protector.
So I'm basically trying to pay him for a those scripts.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Combining Selegiline with Adderall could cause a hypertensive reaction. Low dose Selegiline is loved by the life extension community, it induces potent antioxidant enzymes and increased the life span of several animal species. You can combine Lexapro with low dose Selegiline (5-10mg) without dietary restrictions or the risk of serotonin syndrome. It should give you more motivation, some focus and help with SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem being I don't think he's aware of that aspect with selegiline.So,a low dose of Adderall w/selegiline can cause hypertension?Any other generics that can help w/the tiredness.Wellbutrin doesn't really pick me up like it does for some.What do you think of the the wellbutrin lexapro combo.It would be effecting sertonin,NE and DA.I'm concerned about that causing my anxiety to be magnified.On the other hand maybe the Lexapro would help in that regard and of course the double edged sword of Klonopin.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
If you are cautious and use low doses then Adderall + Selegiline will probably be ok. I really like Wellbutrin + Lexapro/Celexa combos, studies have shown they work very well for at least depression. Wellbutrin can cause anxiety, that's true. If you use moderate doses and Klonopin as needed, it shouldn't be a big problem IMHO and the Lexapro could help too. Modafinil is an option, but the brand name is very expensive, ordering generics online is a different story.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My PD prescribed me Adderall because Paxil makes me so drowsy. It was her idea - I didn't even ask her for it. I just told her that Paxil works the best for my SA and depression but that it makes me too drowsy. And she brought up Adderall.

So maybe you just need to get a different PD since obviously some will prescribe it for drowsiness. I don't have AHDD(or at least I don't think I have it).

Of course - she didn't give me any refills so I have to go back to see her and give her another $100:|

Also she gave me a pretty low dose. 20 mgs a day. It doesn't really do that much for me to be honest. Not sure if the dose is too low or what. But it does help me not get so bored at work. I am able to focus better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts