Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to back to church but i feel like i stood my ground for too long, my family really wants me to come back but i think the damage is done, me and my sister are like only non believers in my family, i used to be creeped out by christians and christian music and just the whole attitude but after being in the church for so long, i really got used to it and now have a great respect for people who believe in something bigger than themslelves, i really want to go back just to be with my family because i have realized how important and how much they have a impact on my life and not just people i am related to.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Just do it, Why should anyone have an opinion about it?

Its a warm feeling when it feels right, like an extended family and a sense of belonging.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Yeah, just go to church. Think Prodigal Son, man.

·
Banned
93 Posts
I needed the support of my family to get back into church after many years of not attending or going anywhere at all.

My anxiety had gotten so bad that I was afraid to walk to the door but I knew if I prayed and asked God to help me then he would. You have to trust God.

To my surprise.. I'm singing in the choir and taking vocal lessons from the day I joined. It's been slightly over 2 years now. It's really helped me soo much. So much is working for me and changing at such a amazing pace. My anxiety has reduced and I feel different and have been progressing with newer things for the first time.

It was truly a double blessing and I never imagined I could do something like this ..ever.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
To my surprise.. I'm singing in the choir and taking vocal lessons from the day I joined. It's been slightly over 2 years now. It's really helped me soo much. So much is working for me and changing at such a amazing pace. My anxiety has reduced and I feel different and have been progressing with newer things for the first time.
That is good on you! I do have a view of volunteering for mass readings but right now I'm taking it one step at a time

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I really want to back to church but i feel like i stood my ground for too long, my family really wants me to come back but i think the damage is done, me and my sister are like only non believers in my family, i used to be creeped out by christians and christian music and just the whole attitude but after being in the church for so long, i really got used to it and now have a great respect for people who believe in something bigger than themslelves, i really want to go back just to be with my family because i have realized how important and how much they have a impact on my life and not just people i am related to.
Yeah it's never late to go back. I guess you've got some perspective over the years and it's good to bond with your family with the same principles and beliefs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts