Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im finally at the point where I know I have a problem in social situations. Yesterday was probably one of the worst social settings I have ever been in. I was meeting a girl who I have not seen in more than 4 years. My anxiety is worse when im around girls so much more than other times. I have had a crush on her for a while and just feel horrible the way I was so fumbly yesterday. Its time that I want to face my problems. I don't want to feel like when I go somewhere everyone is watching and judging every step I make. I want to be able to start a conversation and hold one. I want to be able to look someone in the eye confidently. I want to be able to walk down the street without worrying when someone is coming from the opposite direction I go grabbing my phone as a security blanket. I don't even know where to start with trying to get this out of my life. I didnt even really know I had something that was an actual problem until after feeling horrible last night about myself I did some research and googled this. I guess im just kinda venting right now.
-Sigh

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey stealthpilot1990 :wel

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
64 Posts
know the feeling bro, i jusy joined this forum as well.pleased to meet you.

i had crushes on a girl at college, completley embarrassed myself. everytime i saw here i would panic and my mind would just close down! my ANTS would just get worse and worse.that was then this is now. im abit older, hope wiser!you need any help im there for you man

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, StealthPilot1990! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi stealthpilot1990, i know very well what u talkin bout. I just discovered the name SA and dont know where to go from here because i have no support frm others and ppl around me make me feel like im being crazy and makin a big fuss and just shud shake it off and behave normaly like they do. And it hurts when nobody makes an effort to get into ur hear and try to understand u and help u. I think it takes more research(online) and years of theraphy and maybe life will b normal one day.And i think first step is you have to accept yourself for who u are and that means even when u make a fool of urself just dont make a big deal out of it and dont let urself gt stressed about it.Remember that from ur embarassment benafits only ur opponent

please let me kno where did u go from here? good luck

·
nardil user since 2006
339 Posts
yeah i was like you.. finally got fed up and instead of seeing general practitioners went to see a psychiatrist to get prescribed meds

1 - 10 of 10 Posts