Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I want to buy a pair of Michael Jordan shoes but the thing is that I don't think it fits my image. I mean I think they are sick shoes but I don't even play basketball or even like it for that matter. In fact, I hate basketball. I don't want people thinking I play basketball or like it or something..what should I do?

·
Registered
105 Posts
if they look good and you think they look good on you then buy them, do you think all ppl that wear football jerseys or basketballs jerseys play those sports.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I didn't realize they still made those or that they were still "cool". I was wearing them 15+ years ago when they had the pump lol.

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if they look good and you think they look good on you then buy them, do you think all ppl that wear football jerseys or basketballs jerseys play those sports.
No but they do like the sport, maybe not play it but they like it. I don't even like basketball =/

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Okay so I want to buy a pair of Michael Jordan shoes but the thing is that I don't think it fits my image. I mean I think they are sick shoes but I don't even play basketball or even like it for that matter. In fact, I hate basketball. I don't want people thinking I play basketball or like it or something..what should I do?
:) I bought my first pair of Jordans in 1988 (I think) when I was still in school. Well, my parents bought them for me. I was the only one in my class who had a pair and I felt special. At the time, they were about $100 and that was an insane amount of money to spend on shoes.

Anyway, I didn't play basketball either. They're mostly a fashion statement. Now I wear a $20 pair of loafers that I've had since 2003. If you really want them, get them and wear them. Enjoy them.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's okay, I wear skater shoes and I've never touched a skateboard but they look cool and I like them. :) Go for it.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I've got tattoos and i don't own a Harley, never been to jail, don't drink much, don't do drugs, don't smoke:).....Stereotyping is bad!

I know what you mean though. I've seen skating shoes and i like them but i've been too afraid to buy them because i don't skate. Then again people wear combat boots and are not in the army, wear polo shirts and don't play polo, wear aviator glasses and are not in the air force, wear baseball caps and don't play baseball.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I bought a pair of Lebrons earlier this year and I went thorugh the same bull**** of wondering what everyone will think of me if I wear them. I was even embarrased to wear them initially when playing basketball because I'm not that good and I thought it would look wierd having $200 shoes and being crap. Anyway, I've since gotten over that and can now confidently wear them. If you like em', buy em', don't let what you think, other people think control your actions.

·
Registered
760 Posts
You don't have to like ball to want to buy a pair of Jordans :)
Some people buy soccer jerseys even though they dont follow the sport, they just like the jersey!

If you like them, go ahead and get em!

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Buy them. I have skater shoes, even though I don't even know how to ride a skateboard!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts