Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm currently a civil engineering undergraduate student. The reason I chose such a major at the first place was...Well, what I really wanted to study was architecture, but it seems very much people-oriented. I just felt dreadful whenever I started thinking about having to spend that much amount of time everyday working in a studio class with so many other students...Since I'm not bad at math or science, so I thought I would just give civil engineering a try, because it's a little bit related to architecture (except that one leans more toward design and the other calculation). And perhaps switch back to architecture later on (i.e. graduate school).

Do you know any architecture students (or architects) and the types of work they do or maybe you are one yourself. Would you mind sharing some your knowledge or experiences with me, please? Generally, do you have to be an outgoing person to be really successful in the field of architecture (i.e. both academic and professional career)? I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi! I don't take Architecture nor really know anyone that does.

Anyway, I just wanted to say :wel to SAS!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Since nobody has really chimed in, I'm gonna add my own .02 here to the issue despite the fact that I'm neither CE or Arch. I would guess, just a guess, that arch. wouldn't be that much different as far as socialization is concerned. With arch. you still have to meet with clients, discuss ideas with the bosses or pitch ideas to people you work for, which requires socialization.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts