Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do largish companies (ie, aerospace, large electronic companies) interview people that just walk in off the street with resume in hand? This was some advice my dad gave me, and I thought it was really outdated given that the internet as it's used today didn't exist 30 years ago. What would likely happen? Does anyone have experience in this area?

I'm obviously looking for any reason not to do this, but it does seem that if I showed up at the right time with the right skill set, then they might give me an interview? I'm just afraid that I'll show up, and they'll turn me away referring me to their website, and I'll walk away looking like an idiot because everyone knows that you apply for these types of jobs through their website or through acquaintances.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I don't know if they would give you an interview if you just walked in off the street with your resume, but I really don't see anything wrong with that idea-With the big corporations, if anything I'd think you'd be ahead of the game to be able to walk in with your credentials in hand ready to interview.

And even if they didn't have the time to grant you an interview on the spot, at least they could set up an appointment for an interview, right? If you applied online, they could just put you off forever and ever and you'd be just another name, but in person you wouldn't have to wait, with having to deal with you face to face they might be more compelled to setup an interview esp since you're all prepared, if you requested one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts