Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About three to four days ago, I woke up with a very fresh feeling in the afternoon.

I think I slept during the mornings (7am-8am) and then woke up in the afternoon for work.

But I get this really refreshed, wind-blowing, minty feeling when I woke up on that day.

How do I get this effect when I sleep at night and wake up during the mornings? I always felt dull and bad if I do this routine.

Or any herb or medication can help me to wake up and sleep better?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I am pretty sure this is a norepinephrine thing. I read the other day that it is the noradrenaline that primarily promotes wakefulness.

When I took Strattera (a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor) in the past I had the same exact refreshed feeling like you describe every single morning upon awakening. Normally for me I have to sleep say when I'm not depressed a good 8 hours is about right but I'll just wake up, I won't feel refreshed or anything. When I took that stuff I would go to sleep at night and wake up every single morning after exactly 6 hours of sleep and I would feel the most refreshed I ever felt in my entire life. And it was like that every single day.

For me SSRI's (serotonin reuptake inhibitors) also give me a similar feeling of awakening being very refreshed but it's in a different way there is still the nice body and brain buzz refreshing feeling but it's more relaxed and hard to explain but usually more sleep is required to achieve this effect like the typical 8 or 9 hours. The norepinephrine type drugs I needed little sleep and the awaking was a complete energized/relaxed/calm refreshed like it was the first time you slept in your whole life "a wow zestful body buzz" type feeling.

Just a note though I would try maybe Reboxetine like a lot of these guys recommend. Strattera did it's job waking me up and helping me focus tremendously, but at the same time it made me introverted and depressed as ****. It seems to have a bad reputation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.