Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped Zoloft on Tuesday and have been at 0 mg of Zoloft since Tuesday. It is now Saturday night and tomorrow is Sunday. Can I take it tomorrow?

Is it really even possible I can develop serotonin syndrome by being a day or two early? It's just I'm really dizzy, my throat is a pain in the ***, and I can't think straight.

Have most people went straight onto an MAOI or should I really wait the 7 days intraperiod?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been off zoloft for 6 days now, just took the MAOI today, when can I expect my body to stop shocking? I'm not sure if these are the infamous body shocks but whenever I move or look around I get shocked like a part of my body feels like its numb for a second. Happens about every 20 seconds.

It's not painful but it's annoying as hell and I just am not able to do anything productive atm. Kind of feels like mild paralysis, since my body parts get shocked and I lose balance and such.

Anyways, what do you expect is the time line since I'm on my MAOI? 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 days?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
What dose Nardil are you on? You should start noticing it within about 5 days. Then you'll likely have a month or two of mild hypomania, then just an antidepressant/anxiolytic effect similar to SSRIs but better. Just don't try to build your life around the confident, upbeat person you think you've become during the "euphoric phase", because you'll largely revert to your previous self once it's over, but hopefully with lessened depression/anxiety. Like, uh, don't suddenly decide to pursue an acting career because you've suddenly become such an uninhibited social butterfly. Do things that suit your natural personality. But if your dose is low, the changes won't be that noticeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts