·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Either this thread has cooties or nobody has input. hmmm

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not sure what type of input you want; experiences or just general information?
But I'll share my experiences.
Mmkay... so I have Vyvanse prescribed right now for ADD and anxiety. I take 50 mg in the morning before school (at about 6:30), and it takes probably 40 minutes to an hour for me to actually feel the real effects of it. My heart rate increases a little bit, but that's normal for stimulants. However, it's not normal if your heart is beating like 130 per minute. That happened to me once because I took too high a dose.
Anyway... the effects I get from it are very calming. They make me sort of... "chill out," so to speak. My anxiety goes away as well, which feels awesome. It makes me wayyyyyy less irritable and grouchy. My mind also feels very clear, and I can focus on one thing at a time. I don't know if you're taking it for ADD and/or anxiety, but I can tell you that it does wonders for concentration and the ability to focus.
The only thing that bothers me about it is that it is near impossible to swallow things. Not because I can't, but because it makes me incredibly nauseas sometimes, and anything that comes near my mouth (like food or water) makes me want to gag.
Another thing that bothers me (and is happening right now, actually...) is that, while internally I feel good and chilled out and am able to focus, externally I look worn-down, depressed, bored, and according to my friends, sick. I have to force laughter and smiles. It's like I'm SO chilled out that I'm too serious to laugh or smile or joke about anything. I think that just might be either from lack of sleep or because I also have depression.
Vyvanse is NOT Adderall, and I don't know if you've ever tried Adderall before, but if you have, then Vyvanse will seem like a watered down version of it. It doesn't give you excessive energy or load up your brain with dopamine and make you feel like you're on cloud nine. Yeah, it elevates your mood, but it doesn't make you feel like you're on speed. And I actually like Vyvanse more than Adderall because of that. Adderall just feels... fake, almost, while Vyvanse just makes you feel normal and "leveled," I guess you could say.
Overall I'd say it's pretty good; I'd recommend it.
By the way, it works more effectively if you eat a good meal before it. So if you take it in the morning, it's best not to skip breakfast. Especially since it can suppress your hunger. And it's just not healthy in general to not eat all day.

:) Anyway, good luck if you try it.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input. This is my 2nd time trying Vyvanese and it is pretty close to a sugar pill for me. It helps with my concentration for about 3 hours. I am on the highest dose. It looks like I will be switching back to Adderall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts