Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use it? I have a microphone but I'm afraid to use it for the obvious reason. In addition my spoken English and accent are terrible and I often can't listen to what people say with all the static sounds from crappy microphones.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Used to avoid it, started using it for arena in WoW and then continued to use voice chat in other games after I quit WoW.

Sucked at first but once you get used to it, it's alright. Having a fast paced game to use it with helps distract me a lot from thinking about what/how I'm saying something, idle conversation is more uncomfortable for me. I also don't respond well to hostility so when people are nerd raging I don't talk, which happens a lot in competitive games.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I often have my mic hooked up during online gaming, but don't go beyond simple "Yes", "No", "Okay" and "Go go go!" But what more do you need during a frantic game of Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress 2?

If anyone is on Steam by the way, let me know your ID and I'll add you.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
Anxiety or not, when things start getting intense and the adrenaline starts rushing, I'll find myself using the mic before I even know it.

"Go get his a**! Kill that mage! Boom, headshot! Tango down, beey0tch!"

·
Day Of The Dead
945 Posts
I think it can be a bit distracting. Back when I had an Xbox 360, I tried it with Halo 3, and I ended up more focused on talking to the people online instead of worrying about my score/how well I'm doing.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
I haven't tried it. But it seems like it'd be really useful for coordinating on multiplayer games like COD. When I used to play games like that, I'd type in stuff and that was really awkward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts