Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, let's see. Who is interested in participating in a virtual meditation group? Post here. Any ideas? How could we do it? Personally I'd be interested in mindfulness meditation as it seems the most applicable to SA and is friendly to basically any religion.

Just wanna get some input, if anyone else is interested, or has ideas, or whatever. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm interested :) . I try to do some meditation everyday and it really does help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Geez, Chuck has same problem as Karen. I'm WAY overcommitted already between CBT on here and therapy groups at mental health. Maybe when mental health gives me the bad news I know is coming "we would love to help you more but we have only limited resources" also known as "the boot" I can do the meditation.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else?

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, that's three....

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well mindfulness meditation is the sort I'm interested in. It's just a method of becoming aware of yourself - your emotions, your feelings, your thoughts, all that. You usually start by watching your breathing, not trying to control it (in fact you're not trying to control anything!), just being aware.

I like it because if you're doing CBT it feeds into that really well. You use the meditation to become aware of yourself, your thoughts, etc. and also learn how it is to be relaxed (not always easy to do!) and then that awareness helps you in CBT to change your negative thought patterns and emotions. I hope that clarifies things. I think there is another thread on this forum dealing with it too. :)

Edit: here it is! http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/vie ... hp?t=16113

1 - 10 of 10 Posts