Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have VH1's totally '80's on right now and the Pearl Jam's video Jeremy is playing. WTF? I don't consider this part of the 1980's. The video was released in 1992, so I consider it '90's music.

· Banned
837 Posts
Yeah, VH1 isn't very credible when it comes to music. I realized that a few years back, when in their list of the greatest rock bands of all time they put Linkin Park and Korn in the Top 10, while Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin were on the 20th or 30th places. Bands like Queen and Deep Purple that perhaps were not that original and important yet still very influential were not even on the list.
Same thing was with 100 Most Shocking Moments in Rock'n'Roll, how thew hell do you put Selena's death (who had absolutely nothing to do with rock'n'roll and was pretty much unknown outside of Southwest) above Elvis Presley's and Jim Morrison's deaths??

· Registered
2,874 Posts
Yeah, VH1 isn't very credible when it comes to music. I realized that a few years back, when in their list of the greatest rock bands of all time they put Linkin Park and Korn in the Top 10, while Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin were on the 20th or 30th places. Bands like Queen and Deep Purple that perhaps were not that original and important yet still very influential were not even on the list.
Same thing was with 100 Most Shocking Moments in Rock'n'Roll, how thew hell do you put Selena's death (who had absolutely nothing to do with rock'n'roll and was pretty much unknown outside of Southwest) above Elvis Presley's and Jim Morrison's deaths??
Rolling Stone magazine's lists tend to be equally bad, if not worse. By the way, who the hell is Selena?

· pitiful loser
1,159 Posts
Really, if you look at it, the 80s were about 83/84-93/94. Most of our decades are a bit confusing because they don't change on the tens like everyone would like them to.

Of course, who cares? Silly TV channels are stupid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.