Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Imre, I've been struggling with social anxiety and actually some secondary disorders aswell for just over 3 years now. I have been going pretty well lately, and decided to look up some social anxiety communities online hoping that it might help with encouragement and stuff... :)

One very big problem of mine is that I vent my anxious stress by lashing out at others who I'm not shy to. Not a very good thing... :p

But yeah, my social anxiety kinda takes the form of selective mutism, and as a result I have also developed a compensative superiority complex which kinda explains my aggressiveness to others. One thing I really struggle with, is using filler words and saying ''umm'' before starting a sentence or answer. Do you guys have any advice on this? it would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Hello everyone,

My name is Imre, I've been struggling with social anxiety and actually some secondary disorders aswell for just over 3 years now. I have been going pretty well lately, and decided to look up some social anxiety communities online hoping that it might help with encouragement and stuff... :)

One very big problem of mine is that I vent my anxious stress by lashing out at others who I'm not shy to. Not a very good thing... :p

But yeah, my social anxiety kinda takes the form of selective mutism, and as a result I have also developed a compensative superiority complex which kinda explains my aggressiveness to others. One thing I really struggle with, is using filler words and saying ''umm'' before starting a sentence or answer. Do you guys have any advice on this? it would be greatly appreciated :)
Imre,

A Hungarian name! :yay
We need more Hungarians on here :lol

I would practice speaking - focus on everything you say. When you get confident you are not going to snap, release a little bit at a time - worry a bit less with a few of the things you say. Start with safe conversation and build the way other people do as you talk to them.

Welcome to SAS! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts