Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and am even nervous typing this. I am 42 and realize that I have had S/A most of my adult life. I am tired of being anxious around people and would like to do so many things but can't because of this. I want to be a different person, and can even see myself being that person but when it comes down to actual situations I crumble. At my age I want the confidence and experience to carry me but it doesn't. I am nervous on the phone and, in most social situations whether one on one or a group. My job is working with children which I love but, it also entails dealing with many adults which I don't like. I blush all the time and smile too much like another person mentioned and feel like an idiot most of the time. thanks for listening.

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
Hey, welcome. :) I'm pretty new too and have similar problems. I'm weird about phones too.. I can never explain that one to people either. It's even worse because I'm 20 and most people that age permanently have a phone attached to their ear. :roll I always feel self-concious around people. It's horrible because I just want to be 'normal.'

Anyway, thought I'd say hi. :D

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Sara, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi sara, welcome! the phones thing seems to be pretty common - i've seen lots of posts about it and i've certainly had it myself in the past, so hope it helps to know you're not alone with this

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
Recognising that you have issues is good because for many years we can go through a confused daze. Not knowing what is wrong with us at all and feeling frustrated at this. Now you can begin to look at ways of lessening your anxiety, which is possible.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Startavel! :)

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
Hey welcome! I'm new just joined this site yesterday..you'll enjoy reading about people who have the same problems..your not alone :)!

And the phone thing....I get nervous as hell LOL.!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts