Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for being direct but are most of the men on this website ghey? Or am I just confused. I see posts with a male avatar talking about dating men? I am just confused.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
There is a very diverse membership of SAS, which I think is part of what makes this community so great, but I don't think there's necessarily a skew in heterosexuality/homosexuality.

You could always try posting a poll and see if people are willing to privately participate in it:
Male - Straight
Male - Gay
Women - Straight
Women - Gay
etc.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. I don't know how to do a poll.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Im in love with the guy in my avatar

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
when you start a new thread, there's an option to create a poll. i think it's a tick box near the bottom. can't quite remember to be honest. start a new thread and have a look. it's quite simple when you get it up on screen. always time for a first time :)
and i know of quite a few women on here with male avatars. they are hiding ;)

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you do it for me? I am ADHD

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
i don't really understand, so we are supposed to use our avatar to represent ourselves based on our gender OR ELSE it automatically means we are gay

i think i'm more confused than you are

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
^I think people just become so associated with their avatars everyone assumes they look like/act like/are their avatar. I know it's not always the case, but I think it's hard to avoid falling into that habit.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Not all people with male avatars are male. Myself included.
And add in the fact that some have user names like Perfectionist that certainly would not indicate gender. My UltraShy name wouldn't indicate gender either.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
^I think people just become so associated with their avatars everyone assumes they look like/act like/are their avatar. I know it's not always the case, but I think it's hard to avoid falling into that habit.
Eventhough I guessed it wasn't a personal photograph, the image of Perfectionist's avatar peddling alcohol (or vinegar?? because the bottle reminds me of the bottles they sell vinegar in) always stuck in my head until I saw a pic of her. Then there was the unicorn image from the 'type with your head' thread :lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts