Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Bipolar maniac
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago I switched my desvenlafaxine 50 mg to venlafaxine 150 mg. WOW, the differencebis enormous, with venlafaxine being much much better for me than its active metabolite.

Does anyone have experiences with venlafaxine, positive or negative? (Aside from discontinuation syndrome).

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
A couple of days ago I switched my desvenlafaxine 50 mg to venlafaxine 150 mg. WOW, the differencebis enormous, with venlafaxine being much much better for me than its active metabolite.

Does anyone have experiences with venlafaxine, positive or negative? (Aside from discontinuation syndrome).
the first couple day you take effexor you feel great... then you have to wait some weeks for it to actually take effect.

Reactions: ricca91

·
Bipolar maniac
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today I feel rested and very full of energy. Pristiq is just a drug developed to make money since effexor is now generic. Also, I feel an increase in confidence, and moreover, it helps with pain from my cyst, which pristiq didn't

The thing is that I switched from Pristiq to effexor, so I don't think that I'll need four weeks to take effect since my receptors are still "accustomed".

I don't really care about discontinuation syndrome since I won't stop taking it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was on Effexor for around one year, stopping was easy for me maybe i got lucky.

My dose was 150mg I just tapered down.

·
Bipolar maniac
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was on Effexor for around one year, stopping was easy for me maybe i got lucky.

My dose was 150mg I just tapered down.
Yeah, some years ago I was taking effexor 75 mg, but since it wasn't working I stopped it without any withdrawal syndrome.

Now 150 mg is another story. Until now, effexor is working perfectly, since the first day!

·
Very awkward person
109 Posts
How many times a day do you take it?

·
Cheesus
4,144 Posts
Congrats on finding something good! A buddy of mine took it and had good luck. He gained a bit of weight but he didn't care.

·
Bipolar maniac
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How many times a day do you take it?
I take it once a day in the morning, but I take the extended release one. The instant release doen't work well, since effexor has a short half life (about 11 hours). Moreover taking a pill per day instead of 3 times a day is very convenient.

Congrats on finding something good! A buddy of mine took it and had good luck. He gained a bit of weight but he didn't care.
Thanks men, me too am happy about your progress. Venlafaxine tends to suppress appetite for me, so I eat less. Even if I would gain some weight I think like your buddy: I don't care, the important thing is that it lifts my mood!! :D

·
madly in love
2,433 Posts
i had horrible side effects with effexor. very bad nausea and tummyaches. and the withdrawal was awful too. but im glad its working for you!

·
Bipolar maniac
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had horrible side effects with effexor. very bad nausea and tummyaches. and the withdrawal was awful too. but im glad its working for you!
Yes, it's a shame that many people don't tolerate sideffexor. I'm guessing that your side effects are caused by serotonin in the gut, which creates nausea and intestinal spasms.

I know that many people suffer from horrible withdrawals, and it's thought that effexor binds to mu opioid receptors, so your nausea could be because of the opioid effect and withdrawal is so unpleasant because of mu receptor agonism while taking effexor.

·
Bipolar maniac
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today I feel really good and full of energy. I can't believe how such a little difference in molecules can have such strong discrepancy!

Reactions: swim and Plopperton

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
did you have to stop it because of the side effects?

·
New mum to summer rose
1,875 Posts

I need your mix of meds, since seroquel did work for me alongside effexor, i would love lamotrigine but i keep getting NO from everyone. Anyway I think its the combination of the SNRI with the Lamotragine which is helping your mood the most. Effexor was a god send for the first three years for me and after eight years on and off it and trying other meds, i keep coming back to them as they DO control my OCD, major depression and eating disorders but its not so grand on anxiety. Effexor are good in my opinion better than the other SSRI or TCAs and for me much better side effect wise than the knock out mirtazapine and seroquel which does work but makes me pile on weight and i hear effexor is stronger than the weight neutral wellbutrin too.

stick with them they are good and can be used with other meds
i take lorazepam and zopiclone with them and can add seroquel to the mix too.

all the best :D

·
Bipolar maniac
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
did you have to stop it because of the side effects?
No, I stopped it because right now I'm in Italy and desvenlafaxine, so I took sideffexor and it's going well for now!

I need your mix of meds, since seroquel did work for me alongside effexor, i would love lamotrigine but i keep getting NO from everyone. Anyway I think its the combination of the SNRI with the Lamotragine which is helping your mood the most. Effexor was a god send for the first three years for me and after eight years on and off it and trying other meds, i keep coming back to them as they DO control my OCD, major depression and eating disorders but its not so grand on anxiety. Effexor are good in my opinion better than the other SSRI or TCAs and for me much better side effect wise than the knock out mirtazapine and seroquel which does work but makes me pile on weight and i hear effexor is stronger than the weight neutral wellbutrin too.

stick with them they are good and can be used with other meds
i take lorazepam and zopiclone with them and can add seroquel to the mix too.

all the best :D
Yes, I don't understand why doctors are so scared about using lamotrigine. Maybe because of the "rash". I'm sorry that effexor pooped out.. But I hope that you'll find a doctor who prescribes it. It really helped me a lot.

·
happy :)
606 Posts
i tried it in the early stages i was taking 150mg for about 2 weeks i noticed i had delayed ejaculation and a increased appetite ( something i hated) apart from that it was a good drug for depression and anxiety, well so far anyway

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
No, I stopped it because right now I'm in Italy and desvenlafaxine, so I took sideffexor and it's going well for now!
ah ok. l'avevo chiesto a blue the puppy comunque. qui in europa il pristiq non è stato approvato... peccato perchè mi sarebbe piaciuto provarlo.

·
Bipolar maniac
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ah ok. l'avevo chiesto a blue the puppy comunque. qui in europa il pristiq non è stato approvato... peccato perchè mi sarebbe piaciuto provarlo.
Sorry, I just read the quote!! I can tell you that effexor is much more potent (anecdotally), so you can try effexor and see what happens!

1 - 20 of 198 Posts