Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Are you a vegetarian? Or do you eat meat?

• Vegan

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 96 44.9%
  • Meat-eater

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • Omnivore (Eater of meats and veggies)

Votes: 96 44.9%
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
For the last 10 years the only meat I've eaten was chicken. A year ago I became a lacto-ovo vegetarian (includes milk products and eggs). The switch was pretty easy for me. I didn't miss the meat at all, and could always find something to eat at resturants.

A month ago I switch to veganism. This switch has been harder. I'm trying to lose weight and life a healthier lifestyle. When I was vegetarian I still ate a lot of junk food, potato chips, french fries, ice cream, pizza, etc. Now my diet consists almost entirely of fruits, veggies, and nuts.

AnxiousAmelia, if you're thinking about making the switch to vegetarianism, I say go for it! :) There are a lot of vegetarian cookbooks and websites with recipes. If you don't eat a lot of meat, you might be surprised how easy it is. :)

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wolvie said:
AnxiousAmelia, if you're thinking about making the switch to vegetarianism, I say go for it! :) There are a lot of vegetarian cookbooks and websites with recipes. If you don't eat a lot of meat, you might be surprised how easy it is. :)
I've considered it, and tried it out before, but I missed chicken and fish too much. I eat organic chicken and fish a lot. I don't really eat red meat, though once had some roast venison, and it was fantastic: lean and amazingly tasty! Honestly the best meat I've ever eaten. It might even have converted a vegan like you!

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
I was vegan for a long time. I didn't eat meat, drink milk, or eat anything that contained animal products. Now, the past year or so, I've started eating fish and chicken occassionally. Well, I actually eat chicken pretty often. I'm a hypocrite. I feel dirty everytime I eat some chicken, but it's delicious. I'm going to try to completely cut them out again. It's hard; we have chicken and stuff here at all times, so the temptation is always there.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Drella's_Rock_Follies said:
I was vegan for a long time. I didn't eat meat, drink milk, or eat anything that contained animal products. Now, the past year or so, I've started eating fish and chicken occassionally.
Same. And I don't think I could give up chicken or fish now... It's all I eat.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
I added Omnivore to your choices. There is more to nutrition than just eating meats or vegetables.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I voted meat-eater before I noticed the omnivore option. Does anyone eat just meat and no vegetables?

Even though I love meat...particularly baby back pork ribs and strip steak, I like veggies even more. If I go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, I'll get one or two servings of meat and about 7 servings of vegetables. Then one of each dessert they have that I like.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm an omnivore, i love steaks and grilled chicken and Fish, never in my life will i give those up. I can go some days eating like a vegetarian though.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Omniverous! :lol

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I eat whatever I please wether it be meat vegetables etc.

·
Registered
538 Posts
AnxiousAmelia said:
I'm almost vegetarian.
:dito I just started making the switch a month ago, the only hard part is that I live with my parents and I don't have a say in the grocery shopping so my vegetarian chioces are limited, basically I can choose from some combination of frozen mixed vegetables or salad and rice and pasta, but I don't miss meat at all.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts