Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why wont the doctors give us what we need to beat sa of course this is valume valume is the only thing that works without valume we suffer the doctors dont have a clue please coment

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Timeout! :)

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
I love valium which is why I am against it being used in almost all cases of social anxiety. It feels like a wonder drug, and 5mg will chill you out, but soon it takes 10mg and then more to get the same affect. It does nothing to address the underlying root of the anxiety.

You're adding an addiction to the problem. There are no easy answers in the form of pills unfortunately, not ones that kick in within the hour anyway.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
why wont the doctors give us what we need to beat sa of course this is valume valume is the only thing that works without valume we suffer the doctors dont have a clue please coment
Valium has an especially bad image due to over-prescribing 30 years earlier. During the 1970s it was the #1 selling prescription drug and was known as "mommy's little helper," being casually tossed at every neurotic housewife in the nation as if it were candy.

Doctors somehow think they can make up for over-prescribing of the past by under-prescribing today. I'm not sure how they fail to see the severe flaw in that line of reasoning.

Today doctors are vastly more interested in total lack of addictive potential*, rather than efficacy. After all, we are waging a War On Drugs. Consider yourself "collateral damage".

And :wel.

*Note: I deem benzos to have minimal addictive potential.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Dean :wels

·
Registered
28 Posts
:sas:wels:rain Because they don't really, really take it seriously. But also, to be fair on them, maybe we shouldn't take any drug seriously: it's a Catch 22 - the more you think there's a pharmaceutical answer, the more they laugh.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a bunch

Hey Guys thanks for all your answers I only use valum in emergency situations which is probably to much. Work is dificult I dont want to be addicted but sometimes sa gets so bad I have no choice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts