Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Querdenker
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A substance called uridine helps with anxiety. It is found in beetroot. I discovered this literally a couple of minutes ago. Other foods help with serotonin and dopamine production - inadequate serotonin and dopamine is a prerequisite for social phobia.

This link contains information about uridine, and also foods which help with other things, such as serotonin and dopamine:

http://www.processedfreeamerica.org...ory&layout=blog&id=37&Itemid=72&limitstart=15

·
Registered
112 Posts
A substance called uridine helps with anxiety. It is found in beetroot. I discovered this literally a couple of minutes ago. Other foods help with serotonin and dopamine production - inadequate serotonin and dopamine is a prerequisite for social phobia.

This link contains information about uridine, and also foods which help with other things, such as serotonin and dopamine:

http://www.processedfreeamerica.org...ory&layout=blog&id=37&Itemid=72&limitstart=15
These are for depression only. They don't do anything to social phobia or anxiety... according to the article, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Anyone try this ?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Started using TAU today. Definitely has a GABAergic effect. I feel more calm and relaxed. We'll see as the days go by.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Bump. This is a wonderful supplement. It helps one to feel more balanced and I have noticed improvements in memory recall, focus, concentration. I also feel like my anhedonia has lifted. I'm laughing more, I'm enjoying regular things more and I find it difficult to sit in front of my PC all day. I actually want to go out and do that. This really is one little marvelous supplement. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bump. This is a wonderful supplement. It helps one to feel more balanced and I have noticed improvements in memory recall, focus, concentration. I also feel like my anhedonia has lifted. I'm laughing more, I'm enjoying regular things more and I find it difficult to sit in front of my PC all day. I actually want to go out and do that. This really is one little marvelous supplement. Highly recommended.
do you think this can safely be combined with Nardil?

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
Would eatting a whole beet have the same effect?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Anyone try this ?
Yes, I have the stuff on low rotation now. So once a day or once every couple of days. It's mixed in with a bunch of other vitamins, but yes, overall the whole vitamin combination seems as if it is beneficial. More energy, motivation, or anxiousness, as opposed to anxiety. Not so much in terms of physical energy, motivation and anxiousness though, perhaps. However mixing with a few other things at the moment and cannot isolate the effects to that single ingredient alone.

Wiki says...

Harvard researchers report that supplementation in rats with a combination of uridine and EPA/DHA omega-3 fatty acids has antidepressant activity.[6]
I'm currently mixing with Fish Oil, and CDP Choline. Other vitamins as well, but those are probably the more relevant.

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
From the posters this seems like a mini miracle, i must try. Idk, i do think alot of these processed foods play a hand in SA.. im trying to go vegan but i cant give McDonald's, taco bell and arbys xD also i try to look for products w the non gmo butterfly when im at the store.

Reactions: hoddesdon

·
Registered
28 Posts
the uridine stack taken regularly does help in modulating dopamine activity. It is not really a strong anxiolytic, but like the posters said before it can help some with depression and has virtually no side effects.

Gut health is important to dealing with anxiety. Once I finish up classes and hopefully get some good income coming in I definitely plan to eat and be much healthier, budget is a limiting factor on a students budget though haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts