Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! i just wanted to share with u guys that i finally got the courage to put some videos of me talking about social phobia on the youtube channel, yay! lol, the video is called "My 1st SA vid!" if u all would like to check it out, feel free and please excuse my nervousness! good day!:boogie

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to see. Do you have a link? I found one with same title but it was uploaded 2 months ago.
oh,lol, im sorry i was so excited that i forgot to give the link,hehe! it is

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good video! Congratulations for your courage!
I specially identify with the "no-personality" problem, even if in the end you say you do have it :p (I also identify with the contradictory affirmation).

I personally feel that I passed through my adolescence trying so much to please and be like others that I didn´t learned to have my own opinions and tastes... (among everything else, really...)
keep strong! :)

·
Banned
768 Posts
Good job, that takes courage. The first thing that usually strikes me about SA videos like these, including yours, is that people with SA often don't even look or sound like someone with SA. I think it just goes to show you how irrational our thoughts are, that we criticize ourselves so much.

What really touched me about your vid is when you were talking about how debilitating SA has been for you, your entire life, I could really hear the pain and sadness in your voice when you spoke of that. And I know exactly how you feel, to live a lifetime with this is more than anyone should have to endure.

But the good news is that you are aware of what's going on, of what you need to do, don't stop fighting. Good luck...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great videos! :clap I would never have the courage to put a video of myself on youtube.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
nice job :clap. it takes a lot of courage to post a video of your problems. you are brave.

if someone at work tries to boss me around i stand my ground and speak up. i don not let people bully me around but i can't picture myself doing a video. :um

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with what everyone here said. It takes so much courage to post a video like this. I am 21 years old and SA controls my life. I especially agree with what Jeff said. No one knows how much pain we are in and nobody and I mean NOBODY deserves this. In all honesty I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Watching your video I could tell you were a little anxious, yet you controlled yourself very well and did an incredible job. I have to say that as I was watching it I actually began to tear up when you said you could never be yourself. I have always felt the same way and seeing the pain in your eyes as you said it really struck me. It is sad that we have this problem. I wish we could just be ourselves, whatever that really means. Anyways once again great job, I wish I had the courage that you do. :D

·
The way out is through.
171 Posts
hey not bad! I know it can be hard to post stuff on youtube. I tried recording myself like that once but it felt so weird talking to the camera and I found myself unable to think clearly. But you did it so good job! =)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Great job! You don't look nervous at all. The only indication that I could get that might give away that your a "shy" person is that your voice is very soft and low toned. I had to turn the volume all the way up to hear. I don't know how anxious you were with putting this together, but you look very relaxed. Great job! Videos like this are not only helpful for you, but also for the rest of us. :)

·
Shift Happens
454 Posts
great job. I know it must've been really hard. I know what you mean by i don't have a personality and that i'm boring. Just gotta keep the faith that you'll get better. Nothing is impossible. I'll look forward to more videos :)

·
Yup.. it's me!
2,458 Posts
Good stuff.. :) I can see you becoming more relaxed as time went on in the videos..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ello! thank u everyone for replying and for your supportive words:) It means alot and i also encourage u all to post vids on youtube about SA! I know this might sound cliche, but if i can do it, anyone can do it!

·
doesn't care
559 Posts
Wow, very brave. I could never do that. They turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Woww you're only 18? You sound very mature for your age. You have lots of courage being able to post videos of yourself talking about SA :)

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Wow, congratulations!:clap You sound very intelligent, and I can relate to a lot of what you said. I don't think I could ever put a video of myself on youtube, I'm too ugly lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts