Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since having to pull some all-nighters for school, I've found I enjoy the night so much I can no longer sleep before 3:30 AM at the earliest. A big part of this is because I feel the nighttime is the only time I am truly alone (in my comfort zone).
This has the side effect of me feeling pretty lousy in the daytime, but I don't even care. I don't do much in the daytime when I'm not in school... I just read and screw around on the computer. I'm too afraid of being interrupted while doing anything that requires more active participation (like writing a paper or playing a video game). I prefer to be alone with all of my stuff.

Does anyone else here sleep at odd times? And how do you accommodate for your socially deviant schedule?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Though I enjoy early mornings much better than I enjoy late nights, I find that I'll have a night every once in a while (usually once a week, unfortunately) where I'll just kind of lose all self control, resulting in a much later bedtime than usual and maybe 4 or 5 hours of sleep (which, for me, is not nearly enough). Don't do much to compensate for it, other than try to recommit to an early bedtime and do my best to get through the next day (though the second day afterwords is always the worst).

·
Registered
21 Posts
i totally agree with you the night is my time to just be me b/c will the whole world is sleep i dont feel anxious i feel like a "normal" person even if its for 8 hours a day "/

·
Registered
266 Posts
Depending on my work schedule, I will stay up until 4 or 5 a.m. My anxiety is much lower at night and I can still do things like read, watch tv, clean the house, etc. when everyone else is asleep.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a hard time sleeping at night. I can if I have a regular schedule (like work/school), but I'm usually really tired during the day anyway and end up having to take naps. When I do stay up all night, I usually go to bed between 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM and wake up between 1:30 PM and 6:00 PM. I never feel tired and rarely wake up in the middle of my sleep like I do when I sleep at night. I also like it a lot more because it gives me time to be alone.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
The computer will really mess up my sleep cycle. And if I didn't have job while living alone, I found out that I go to a 36 hour awake, 12 hour asleep cycle.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I have downloaded that program, and will see if it works. My screen is yellow now. They should add a red tint for outside nighttime work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Semi offtopic; flux is awesome!

On topic; I love early morning/late night. It's 3:30am right now and I wish I could stay up later, but I need to get up early tomorrow. I used to go to bed around 4am or 5am, then get up for school at 7am every night, then make up for it by sleeping until 3pm on weekends. My body functions normally even with one or two hours sleep per night for weeks on end :p.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Several times a week it's like this for me:

Stay up for 36 hours.
Sleep 15-18 hours.
Stay up 12 hours.
Sleep 12 hours.
Stay up for 24 hours.
Sleep 8 hours.

It's ridiculous...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
My sleep patterns can get eccentric sometimes. When I feel the need to correct it, I pull strategic all-nighters.

·
is trying.
714 Posts
In the summer, I go to bed around 3-4 and get up around 11, but during the school year, it's more like 11-7. Lately, it's been as much as 9-7--I can never get enough sleep.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't have a job or school at the moment. Finished schooling a bit ago, living with my parents as I job hunt. With zero responsibilites at this moment (and probably for the last time in my life) it's really hard to maintain any kind of schedule, I simply sleep when the mood strikes and for as long as feels good. It puts me all over the place.

I still lean towards night time though, but I think that's because of the family. In a house with people you don't always get along with 24/7 sometimes you need some alone time. Though I think it's the quiet and the lack of interuptions that I love the most. No opening and closing doors, no loud tv, no talking in the hallway outside my door, no barking dogs, car alarms...I've always had trouble concentrating with noise and the peace night brings is fantastic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't have a job or school at the moment. Finished schooling a bit ago, living with my parents as I job hunt. With zero responsibilites at this moment (and probably for the last time in my life) it's really hard to maintain any kind of schedule, I simply sleep when the mood strikes and for as long as feels good. It puts me all over the place.

I still lean towards night time though, but I think that's because of the family. In a house with people you don't always get along with 24/7 sometimes you need some alone time. Though I think it's the quiet and the lack of interuptions that I love the most. No opening and closing doors, no loud tv, no talking in the hallway outside my door, no barking dogs, car alarms...I've always had trouble concentrating with noise and the peace night brings is fantastic.
I love nighttime and at this time don't have schooling or a job so there is a slight upheaval of time summer I will have a job but as for now I can do as I like my family thinks I'm lazy but they are never up past 11 or 12 and that is my me time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts