Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This website is a wonderful resource for people with SA, but I have
a question.
Is it normal around here to get no response from an administrator?
I suggested a new treatment category be created for review using the available button to do that and that was many days ago. I got no response for that nor
to another private message to the admin.
Another suggestion: It's probably better to remove the suggestion button if
no one is able or will respond.

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
It's very normal.

·
Banned
8,760 Posts

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
I would private message your suggestion to one of the moderators and ask them to pass it onto the admins. I think you'd get a faster response that way, that is what I did once..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would private message your suggestion to one of the moderators and ask them to pass it onto the admins. I think you'd get a faster response that way, that is what I did once..
Thanks for this idea! I did it, let's see what happens.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

·
Permanently ******
1,723 Posts
I also had a fairly simple request forwarded to an admin by a mod (Neo, who was very prompt and helpful) and it was ignored. I tried again several weeks later and it was ignored yet again. I gave up.

A curt "no" would have been more welcome than being flat-out ignored.

·
Administrator
3,124 Posts
This website is a wonderful resource for people with SA, but I have
a question.
Is it normal around here to get no response from an administrator?
I suggested a new treatment category be created for review using the available button to do that and that was many days ago. I got no response for that nor
to another private message to the admin.
Another suggestion: It's probably better to remove the suggestion button if
no one is able or will respond.
We receive a lot of emails, including suggestions for treatments. Not all treatments meet the criteria and in many of the categories we are content with a evidence-based list of treatments, as opposed to a comprehensive list of treatments where someone of them have no research supporting their efficacy for SAD.

Ideally, we'd be able to respond to every email, but unfortunately that's not always possible. I apologize.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We receive a lot of emails, including suggestions for treatments. Not all treatments meet the criteria and in many of the categories we are content with a evidence-based list of treatments, as opposed to a comprehensive list of treatments where someone of them have no research supporting their efficacy for SAD.

Ideally, we'd be able to respond to every email, but unfortunately that's not always possible. I apologize.
What this means is that this website will continue to be a limited resource for people wanting to know about all the helpful therapies for SA.
A therapy not listed as a category on the Treatment Forum, has been of
enormous help to me in regards to my SA problem. I have evidence that
it works. People might want to hear about that. I would, if I was suffering and not finding a solution to my problem.

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
What this means is that this website will continue to be a limited resource for people wanting to know about all the helpful therapies for SA.
A therapy not listed as a category on the Treatment Forum, has been of
enormous help to me in regards to my SA problem. I have evidence that
it works. People might want to hear about that. I would, if I was suffering and not finding a solution to my problem.
OK, so what is it?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, so what is it?
Primal therapy. I have already posted about it, and would also write
up a review to put under the Treatment category of the forum.
It would be good for people to have info on all the options. There
are also a whole list of body oriented therapies which get no mention,
but I'm not going to worry about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts