Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sometimes i think my expectations aren't aligned with what i have to offer but still we desire what we desire right? i'm not talking about a millionaire, vacay homes but just the package with adjustments to my taste. Attractive to me, successful or ambitious, supportive, is willing to work on issues they have, has a humor, not *too petty

what are your expectations from a significant other? Do you think they are realistic? what do you bring to the table

·
Not the one, just someone
495 Posts
I expect to be cheated on, I expect to be treated badly at times, I expect they will leave me when they have got what they want, had their fill, met someone newer not necessarily better, I expect their interest or love if they had any for me will wither and die over time. I expect them to always put their interests above mine.

I keep my expectations low and I've not met anyone yet that has failed to live up to them in one way or another, or all.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I don't want to go through my list of expectations. But I think I am worthy enough to have a partner who lives up to them.

I can be a ***** sometimes, but I am extremely loving, giving and respectful to those I really care about.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I think my expectations are reasonable. It's having the patience with others I have trouble with. My typical demeanor seems to bring the worst from most people.

·
c'est moi
5,888 Posts
I want mutual respect in the relationship. I want to be liked and to know that I am liked by this person. I want support...a partnership...I don't like feeling like I am the only proactive partner if that even makes sense. I want someone who shows depth and talks to me and not just at me. I want to be more than a figurehead in this person's life. I am a real person. I want someone who shows empathy towards others (not to be confused with sympathy/pitty). I probably need someone who is okay if I am not very mushy towards people and can only handle a little directed at me (I make some effort though if it is desired, because I want them to be happy too.) Don't baby me or expect me to baby you. I want an adult.

This list can go on, but there are many combinations of personalities that will satisfy me. The pros should outweigh the cons.

·
banished SPW poster
335 Posts
I expect nothing and I get nothing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i want a woman that puts effort into the relationship. i feel its always the guy who has to go the extra mile for his girlfriend or wife

·
uggla
10,068 Posts
Uhhh. I don't really think in that way. If I fall in love, I fall in love. I wont care about anything at that point(and be excited about feeling so strongly about someone). I fall in love very rarely. I wouldn't be with someone just to avoid being alone. Never. That's not me. I might have "high standards" subconsiously, but so be it. I definitely don't care about money or status, and stuff like that. I'm drawn to intelligence, wit, unpredictability, creativity and beauty(among other things).

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
Except for the dudes, I was going to ask all the females on this thread out, except that I'm too stupid, slow, boring/predictable/monotone, uninspiring, a different line of extinct peoples, and fugly to say the least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i guess as most of us have issues understanding and loving...not to much id say
but successful or ambitious mmm im not sure that should come into anyones list
i would care if she washed dishes in a pub

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
I expect to be cheated on, I expect to be treated badly at times, I expect they will leave me when they have got what they want, had their fill, met someone newer not necessarily better, I expect their interest or love if they had any for me will wither and die over time. I expect them to always put their interests above mine.

I keep my expectations low and I've not met anyone yet that has failed to live up to them in one way or another, or all.
kinda sad reading that......hope you find something that exceeds those expectations, which shouldn't be difficult

·
Registered
53 Posts
what are your expectations from a significant other? Do you think they are realistic? what do you bring to the table
a. Someone with a heightened sense of awareness and conscientiousness; anything and everything else takes a distant backseat to this.

b. I'm not concerned with whether they are or aren't; if it comes to pass, excellent, and if not, that's fine, too, but life is too short to waste on mismatches.

c. A fair bit, but the instant I put it into a paragraph it will ring hollow and dissolve like cotton candy; self-promotion is a delicate art and shouldn't be done directly.

You get what you order.

So the question beckons, why it is that you put in orders at the Universe's Drive-Thru window for people who treat you like garbage. Presumably you do this because you perceive some benefit from it. What is it?

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
I just want a woman who is kind, empathetic, and far from a model. She must also have a spaceship.

Being blind would also be a bonus. Funny is attractive to me because I can stea.... absorb her humor.

To me successful is being a decent person.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
You get what you order.

So the question beckons, why it is that you put in orders at the Universe's Drive-Thru window for people who treat you like garbage. Presumably you do this because you perceive some benefit from it. What is it?
You get what you THINK you deserve. If you think you deserve crap, you'll get CRAP.
I know, 'cause I still do it at work. Fortunately, I've lucked out with a good partner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts