Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey it took me 5 years just to complete half of my credits and had to drop out because of depression and sa. Ive wasted about 32,000 dollars on a degree that probably wont even get to the door for a job let alone out of the house. Seems like people value happiness more than knowledge I mean who wants to be studying and being a smart *** 24/7. Im not sure whether to stay with a degree or learn some kind of trade? Opinions?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm gonna go with trade school, I would think it would be cheaper. Really depends on what you want to do, but if you lack the ambition to go through with a degree or don't know what your doing, trade school would probably be a better option.

·
Registered
186 Posts
it depends on what you want to do. you can go to community college part time. It's relatively cheap and not as stressful as a full blown University. If you have a job picked out that you want and a trade school offers it, then maybe that's the best bet.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I did university first, and then went back to college later on. Specific training is definitely better if you want to get a job. University opens your mind to new ideas and changes the way you think (or it should anyway, if you're doing it right).

In retrospect I kind of wish I had done it the other way around: college first and then university (probably part-time).

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
I had a similar experience, except that I enjoyed university before some weird anxiety thing ruined it for me. You ought to get some enjoyment out of your uni course - if you don't then I'd say do something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts