Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to be drawn to actors that aren't really in the spotlight so much, and ones that play interesting characters, a good example would be actor John Hurt (the elephant man, alien), i also enjoy the works of such actors as Willem Dafoe (Nosferatu), Alfred Molina (Spiderman 2' "Doc Oct") Brad Dourif (Grima Wormtongue) and Bruce Campbell (so called a B-list celeb starring in the Evil Dead Trilogy). These types appeal to me so much more and i am more drawn to watching them than the more popular ones.

Who are your favorite actors that are unique (Character actors)? As opposed to the widely publicized ones like Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Owen Wilson type class..

·
Registered
323 Posts
Steve Buscemi comes to mind.

An aside: I'm going to see Bruce Cambell at a book signing on Wednesday. :)

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Johnny Depp. I know he's well-publicised, but I like him because he tends to play quirky characters and doesn't go for run-of-the-mill roles.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Adrien Brody... I really like this guy, The Jacket was an awesome film.

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
William H. Macy. In fact he would the perfect choice to play someone with SA.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An aside: I'm going to see Bruce Cambell at a book signing on Wednesday. :)[/quote]

I find that quite funny to hear actually (jealousy provokes).
That's really amazing that out of all people, you will be seeing Bruce Campbell.. :con Have a good time :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LilyFair, i like him in that movie too, as you probably could take note, the other actor Brad Dourif was in it, but didn't play a likeable character, i loathed him in it. Willem Dafoe also did a really great job as the creepy vampire in the remake of Nosferatu. I did have a freaky crush on his vampire part..

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
I agree with Steve Buscemi, Bruce Campbell, and Crispin Glover. I'm too sleepy to think of anyone else right now.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Johnny Depp if you think about it... he picks some good unique roles and theyre always good... willy wonka,corpse bride(night before xmas'ish),secret window,from hell

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^ Yeah, Johnny Depp, definetly. Love Edward Scissorhands and Cry Baby :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts