Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had an appointment and as I came into the building, I saw some people in the waiting room, and my first reaction was to put my guard up. These were just random people sitting in the room, minding their own business, but I immediately put up this front. Then I sat there for a while in the same room, and for some reason I felt good about the people in there, even though they weren't doing anything. Then I tried to not feel so defensive, and just sit there while not being that way, and it made me feel a lot better. Even if I never talk to anyone there and they don't talk to me, it made me feel better to not have this hostile outlook towards everyone.

I've noticed that I do that a lot. It's like I percieve all people as a threat, thinking they're going to be rude to me or attack me in some way. But I wanted to talk about this because I let my guard down and it made me feel a whole lot better for some reason.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean,but it might be.- When I walk into a room and people are already there I tend to feel a wave of percieved hostility. I feel that either they already know and like each other or will eventually. I feel like the outsider from the very start and that I have to attempt to "win" them over. I know this doesn't make any sense but the feeling is overwhelming. The majority of my battles begin within.

·
Banned
232 Posts
jayne I can understand what you mean, it helps to look at everyones eyes and faces, relax and breathe deep and slow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts