Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it is my first year at college, i'm not exactly sure how this works or under what circumstances professors will give you an extension on a paper. If you told them that you had a million other papers due for other classes around the same time that their paper is due, will they give you an extension or will they not care and tell you to deal with it on your own since you are in college now and are suppose to be a grown up?

Have any of you ever asked for an extension on an assigenment? Did your professor give it to you?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My experience is that it is under the condition you ask for it. I have never had an extension turned down, but I am in humanities. Many times I have needed one but been too anxious to ask and have ended up worse off.

Also, if the class has a TA ask the TA first. They are usually grad students and are a bit more understanding and will slip stuff in later without telling the professor.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
z.e. said:
My experience is that it is under the condition you ask for it. I have never had an extension turned down, but I am in humanities. Many times I have needed one but been too anxious to ask and have ended up worse off.

Also, if the class has a TA ask the TA first. They are usually grad students and are a bit more understanding and will slip stuff in later without telling the professor.
That sounds really good to me. My TA is pretty understanding.

Gumaro, My syllabus doesn't say anything about extensions.

I did overhear one kid in my class ask for an extension and get turned down, but i'm not sure if it had anything to do with the fact that he was asking for the extension because he was involved with some athletic event.

Anyway, thanks to both of you for offering your advice. I appreciate it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts