Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wish some [email protected] would invent a fool proof technique for easily and effortlessly uncovering ants and beleifs

it can be hard to put into words what it is about a situation that is deifficlt for you. its hard to uncover what your beleif are

i wish there was way that you couldask your subconcious mind ''what is the actual beleif in this situation that is making things difficul for me '' and thatyour subconcious would just giv you the answer every time

·
Banned
501 Posts
Believe it or not, I haven't found that part difficult. Here are some tips you can try.

First think of the situation that made you anxious. Next, write down anything that pops into mind, kind of like automatic writing except of short phrases. Next, engage in socratic questioning for each automatic thought.

1) Why questions: why would it be awful if she dumped you? Why should he respect you? Why do you think you will fail stutter?

2) Defining terms questions: what does it mean to be a failure? How do you define confidence?

3) Summarize

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
I was watching some dude on PBS the other night mainly because I couldn't sleep, lol, but he was talking about Ants. He gave four steps to stop them

1. Identify the thought and ask yourself if its true

2. Ask yourself if its REALLY true by trying to find evidence for it

3. Ask yourself if you can do without that thought

4. Ask yourself what you would be like if you didn't have that thought

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
i wish some [email protected] would invent a fool proof technique for easily and effortlessly uncovering ants and beleifs
socially inept, Please avoid using the f-word by all means possible. We have filters for cursing. You do not need to use this language nor add symbols to try to get by with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts