Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
This sounds like a potentially great girl for you. I think just the fact that she doesnt care about going to concerts by herself is a very attractive quality in itself.

I don't need to tell you this is a great opportunity you have in front of you. I'm not sure how often you go to concerts where you may see her, but you could approach her there, or at school. If you see her at school, you could just kinda say to her in passing "Hey i think i saw you at that concert last week/whenever." If you were to see her at the next concert youre at, just reverse it: "Hey Ive seen you at school..." Either way its a pretty legitimate opener for conversation.

Believe me I know its easier said than done. But it seems like if this girl is willing to go to concerts by herself, shes probably just waiting and hoping for someone like you to notice her and come talk to her. I doubt shell care one bit if you stutter or talk in a low/monotonous tone, shell be flattered you initiated conversation, and shell appreciate your effort.

Good luck to you in approaching this girl. Im gonna bet this works out well for you.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
Well, my first thought is, GO GET HER!

Then I think to myself: Oh, yeah, you're in the same exact situation and can't approach him lol. Sucks, doesn't it? But seriously, don't just back down or decide not to approach her, just wait for the opportune moment (in the words of Jack Sparrow). And don't blow it like I did with mine yesterday lol.

Good luck!

·
Registered
408 Posts
You seem like you are doing pretty well in life--friends, going out to concerts, etc.

I agree with the others--GO FOR IT!!! You have an easy 'in'. Just go up to her at school and mention that you saw her at some concerts. 1st time--dont' even think of it as hitting on her...just approach her as a fellow music fan and have a short convo about just that. Then build on that next time. Just a thought. Good luck!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: I like this one girl

eyeguess said:
I didn't know where to put this, I don't even think I should even be posting this, ...it's quite pointless
but I'll do it anyway due to boredom

Well I really like this one girl at my school. When I first noticed her I thought she was cute, but I'm pretty much attracted to every girl though.

Well I saw her at the Headbanger's Ball the other night alone. And she was like the only person there that was alone. The concert it self wasn't bad, I'm not a huge fan of that venue and I ended up running into quite a few people that I really didn't want to see. But the two bands I wanted to see Himsa and Bleeding Through were pretty good. But seeing her there was pretty awesome because no one at my school really listens to that type of music.

Then a few nights later I see her at the PsyOpus and Paria concert. Alone again. There was only at about 40 people there total, it's a really small venue. I thought that it was really hot that she listens to those bands. I have never met anyone who has even heard of them. And what makes more attracted to her is that she was the only person there (besides me) that was alone, everyone there was in these groups of friends. But I actually saw her talking to this one guy, but he was going around talking to everyone pretty much. I know at one point he was talking to her, and then he came over to me and started talking to me. We discussed different bands and he said quite a few number of times that I had a really good taste in music, and then went back over to talk to her. Which I'm really hoping that she was in on it and wanted to see what kind of bands I listen to ...I don't know.

Well I chickened out of talking to her. And I did again the next day at school. I like planned out all these things to say to her, and I was pretty much shaking all day, and then when I saw her I just looked down and kept walking. And for all the days up till now I've done the same.

I really think that she is attracted to me. We would mix quite well. I mean we dress pretty much the same, listen to the same music, both are alone, both have are hair dyed the same color. And we're like the only ones in the entire school that have these qualities.

I've been thinking of her pretty much nonstop for the last few days, just thought I'd write it down, even though it's quite sloppy.

What kind of sucks is that I moved from a place that I had a few friends, and one of my friends is coming down in two days, and it will be the first time I've seen him down here which is over a year. So I've gone over a year without seeing any friends at all of any sort. But when he comes down, he's going to see that I don't have any friends at all which is sort of embarrassing.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for four days. I really wish that I could somehow talk to her and hopefully get a good response and maybe hook up over the weekend. That would make my whole year.
...like for the past three weeks things have been falling apart pretty bad. Like this month is the worst month I've had in years. And usually things even out for me. Like on that episode of Seinfeld, where a few bad things happened and than it evens out with something really good. And if maybe I could get her phone number or something, it would be like a million bucks.

Well I just babbled along pretty much about worthless stuff no one could care about. But I guess there's no harm in posting it. I'd doubt anyone would read its entirety, and even so would find this quite pointless. But, what the hell?

...but like what the hell, why wouldn't I talk to her? What could possibly go wrong? I guess I could have a bad impression on her, and then still have feelings for her but couldn't be able to try again because of my stupid conscience.

I know when I'll go to talk to her, I'll get all low-voiced and mono-toned and emotionless, and talk without any expression very nervously like I tend to do in nervous situations. And then I'll think of nothing funny to say or any thing that would stand out, and after I do talk to her when I'll say something like "bye" when we leave, it would be really cowardly and stupidly. And whenever I do see her afterwords I'll be to scared to say "hi" or to go over and talk to her. And then my plan had no meaning and falls apart, like everything else. And then nothing ever works out for me and I'm going to grow up without ever having any type of relationship and then just die.

:b
...okay I'll stop

EDIT: Holy molly I have never typed this much on a board in my life
SO how did it go???

if it didn't than go for it! the sooner the better, there's no point waiting.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Can you say hello and smile when you pass her in the hall? That way you don't have to worry about a full on conversation, and she will know that you've noticed her. She doesn't sound shy (going to concerts by herself...I could NEVER do that)...maybe if you give her an "in", she'll approach you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
eyeguess said:
I sound soo lame in this thread

but today I finally did talk to her. Finally. But she did seem pretty happy that I was talking to her. So I finally broke the ice I guess.

:banana
Hahah, well it always seems like no big deal when you finally do it. It is the anticipation that we suffer. That's why it is best to do these things a soon as possible before our body-minds turn it into a BIG DEAL. I had a weird sceneario with a girl from my school responding to an online ad I'd put up. Read about it in my pot here in the goals section.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts