Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Scotland, but this is a small country, so I thought I would stretch it out to the whole UK. Is there anyone here who wants to meet up? We'll decide together which city and where we will meet whether it's a coffee shop, a park or a pub. I hate social outings, I really do, but I think knowing that we all suffer from anxiety will make it easier. No expectations. And we'll all know there's a valid reason behind any awkwardness :p

I may totally back out of this. But if you're even remotely interested, please speak up.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I've tried to arrange a UK meetup like 2 years ago and it never worked out. People in the UK are just too inhibited. Believe me, it's never going to happen...
I would say this to be honest. Unless your arranging with people who are in the same city/area or city next door its unlikely to happen. But then again I'd say in most cases it is as its quite financially hard to move somewhere out of the blue by yourself to meet randoms.

I've always thought in my mind that in some ways meeting up for a music fest or something would be better in that if you did have to travel half the country to get somewhere then at least your there for a good reason and have several days of entertainment to keep you busy but of course its not for everyone. I have no probs going to an area filled with people but obviously there will be some who can't handle that.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
Yeah people always say "nobody will come" and so don't turn up themselves. Me and some others arranged a meetup that 18 people expressed interest in, in London (I am from Newcastle, one guy was from Liverpool, none of the people who turned up were from London) and a whole four of us turned up to the meetup.

It was fun, but then when I got back to the North I checked online at our meetup group to see what happened to all the others. And there they were, a load of people saying "I don't think anyone went to that meetup" - yeah, well four of us did, it seems the vast majority of people who say they want a meetup decide immediately beforehand that nobody else is going to turn up, and then they assume that because they weren't there, nobody else was.

Still, being in the North and nearish to Scotland I might go if there were some kind of meetup involving people who won't spontaneously backout.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
^ Pretty much.

Plus Uni is starting so not much in a position to do so.

Think one summer I'll pack up bags and stop by a meet and go on a solo holiday down south somewhere or something. ;]

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Eugh, you don't want to be doin that mate, trust me, I've been there, it was like all my prejudices coming true but somehow worse.
Ohh where's the smiley face which bangs on the table in laughter on here. :D

Awww I've had my fair of idiotic puns. Best one that made me laugh was this 22 yr old going;

"Ahh right your from Newcastle. You must be mighty impressed with the M1 since your used to that dirt road of yours. What was called? The A65 or something?"

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
Ohh where's the smiley face which bangs on the table in laughter on here. :D

Awww I've had my fair of idiotic puns. Best one that made me laugh was this 22 yr old going;

"Ahh right your from Newcastle. You must be mighty impressed with the M1 since your used to that dirt road of yours. What was called? The A65 or something?"
"Of course, we have no aerial footage of how the summer floods have affected the North, because the BBC were afraid to send their helicopter over there 'lest the people of Yorkshire start worshipping it as a God"

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
"Of course, we have no aerial footage of how the summer floods have affected the North, because the BBC were afraid to send their helicopter over there 'lest the people of Yorkshire start worshipping it as a God"
XD ahh thats classic. :lol

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.