Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
?
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...

Uh...Well, to start out, I'm not entirely sure if I really qualify as someone with social anxiety or not, since I've never actually gone to have it checked out or anything. Honestly, I'm not even sure how to go about that and would appreciate some advice/help with the subject. I mean, I don't know for sure, but I really can't see what else it could possibly be. I don't do much of anything that involves going out and tend to be a little wary when I do. I'm even uncomfortable hanging out with family at times and even when I'm around people I know, I am usually extremely guarded and quiet. People question what I do all of the time and on the computer and my typical answer 99% of the time is 'I don't know'. Part of this is because I don't want to have to explain since I know they wouldn't exactly understand and partly because I am afraid of how they might react (even though it's nothing 'bad'). I don't mean to be rude or seem stuck up at all, but sometimes I will also simply ignore things that really don't even seem like a problem to most because I have no idea how to respond, which ends up stressing me out. :c

Eh, I'm sorry. I'm not very good an introductions. I usually just end up lurking since I really don't have anything to say most of the time, but I figured I should at least introduce myself. I don't mean to sound whiny or anything.

So, um...a little about me outside of all of that. I'm 19 (20 in a few weeks) and live in a somewhat rural part of California. I'm currently out of school and looking for a job. I've never had one before and it's more than a little hard for me to put myself out there. I spend a lot of my time on the internet talking to the very few friends I have, drawing & sketching, or most of the time text-based roleplaying. Maybe it sounds a little dorky or childish for someone my age, but it's something I really enjoy and probably the only place I really feel comfortable. It's also where I've met most, if not all, of my good friends.

Well, that's a bit about me I guess. I'd say more, but I'd rather not bore you...I feel like I wrote way too much anyway. I'll try my best not to turn into a lurker and actually contribute something to this community. Thanks for reading this if you did. c:

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi mini!

I am a professional lurker and I find it very.very hard to get interested in other people. Id rather just listen and observe. Sometimes I feel like its because im afraid they wont like me but most of the time its just genuine disinterest-thats where I get confused when im trying to diagnose myself because the latter sounds like schytsotypical personality disorder and thats what you sound like to me.

Oh and your intro is awesome. Better than mine!

Oh yeah and welcome!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Minion welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Minion! :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Nice to meet you. I love your name and photo! Nope I read all of your intro without getting bored, very interesting. Well not very, that sounds a bit stalkerish, but yeh I didn't get bored and managed to read all of it, I hope you ifnd what your looking for on here! Oh yeh are you a girl/noy?<3 x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts